2017~2024 Toyo Wheels 19" and other new buyer questions

soulred17

:
CX-5
Hello all,

I am a new member and first time mazda owner.

I have a mazda cx 5 now 2017 GT quite impressed with the features and the handling.

I have never owned a car that has TOYO tires and I am reading that these tires wear very fast wanted to know how long you have had them run before changing out.

I guess it wont last 3 years if I choose to give back after the lease term. If buying a set of tires is inevitable I might fancy my chances of getting a winter tire and have better driving experience during the 3 winter season and give it back instead of going through 2 set of all season tires.

Also can we have like a group email to mazda NA to take care of the DRL situation. I mean the headlights are always ON even when the sun is bright and shining.

They should only leave the signature accent for DRL and the headlights ON during night, and all lights OFF when the switch is in "OFF" setting..

Also why is the AUTO HOLD turns off every time after the end of a trip. Often times I think I have AUTO HOLD only to realizes the car slowly creeping forward that could be a problem.

BOSE please increase your "BASS" they are better than this. Not for the audiophile. Also the Mazda connect becomes less responsive often.

ABOVE ALL This car atleast for now makes me forgive everything small pet peeves by its looks, styling, and driving dynamics.

It's been 2 years with my car and the tires have lots of meat left. I also have a Mazda 2 2009and the Toyo tires lasted forever.

Yes a good estimation on your OE Toyo A36 tires is from 300 A A UTQG rating and the tire should last about 30,000 miles if you rotate your tires according to maintenance schedule and your alignment is not off. One problem is there's Tire Pressure Sensor for 2017 CX-5 - $91.74 EACH!!! in each wheel that leaves your winter tire option to be using OE wheels and pay the labor for swapping twice a year.

As for DRLs with headlights always on, I wish there's a group email available expressing our opinion. But like political issues there're always people against something which makes your idea almost impossible. The best you can do is to turn off the DRL function like some members had done. Then contact Customer Experience Center at Mazda North American Operations to express your dissatisfaction. And file a complaint about the glaring issue from headlights on DRLs at NHTSA website hopefully forcing an investigation so that MNAO would take this issue more seriously.

I think the Toyos are very good but 30ish is about right so they do wear pretty quickly. That said tires that wear slowly tend to suck particularly in adverse conditions. As for the sensors yeah it kinda stings (needed them for my bmw) but @80 per flip I still like the 17 or 18" wheel with dedicated winters. I'm sure there's a pretty easy way around shelling out for the sensors if you don't want to..

I think the Toyos are very good but 30ish is about right so they do wear pretty quickly. That said tires that wear slowly tend to suck particularly in adverse conditions. As for the sensors yeah it kinda stings (needed them for my bmw) but @80 per flip I still like the 17 or 18" wheel with dedicated winters. I'm sure there's a pretty easy way around shelling out for the sensors if you don't want to..

Yeah, you just live with the TPMS light on. No biggie unless you need an inspection sticker.

Hello all,

I am a new member and first time mazda owner.....

Also why is the AUTO HOLD turns off every time after the end of a trip. Often times I think I have AUTO HOLD only to realizes the car slowly creeping forward that could be a problem.

The default setting is OFF as it's not a crucial feature to have on from the get go. BTW this is not only limited to Mazdas.

I just replaced my Toyos at 43,000 miles on my GT, which has mostly highway miles. Seems pretty decent to me and the tires worked fine. I replaced them with Yokohama YK740 GTX from Discount Tire.

My 19" Toyos lasted about 50,000 miles and replaced them with Michelin Premiers. Better ride comfort and much less road noise.

The stock 19 inch wheel size limits your tire options ...

You may want to consider a set of 17s for Winters at least

One reason why I opted for lower grade is for stock 17 inch wheel size...
My OE tire is Yokohama Geolanders ... not the best but it'll do

my replacement will be :

[[ SUMITOMO
HTR A/S P02 (H- OR V-SPEED RATED)
High Performance All-Season
Size: 225/65R17 102H
UTQG: 600 A A ]]

Back