total mileage check for speed3 owners

Just hit 40k today. Car is just over 3 years old. So far no issues.

Little gripes: The clutch is getting to be a pain and transmission doesn't shift as smoothly as usual. Most of the reason I think is having the motor mount on for about 22k miles. Seems like my car is rattling apart sometimes, esp with the AC on full blast.

Purchased 3/15/08 62K
Pasanger side drive shaft replaced under warranty
oil pan leak fixed under warranty
Driverside motor mount fixed under warranty
O2 sensor just replaced Paid out of pocket!!!!
LR Shock just started leaking.
Occosionally car won't start due to some relay or lose starter connection, always fixs itself before I can get it to dealer.
Still fast, 30+ MPG Hwy
Still will do 155!!!!
Two tickets, lukaly beat one of them
On second st of tires
Still have 1/3 " brakes pads left!

Last edited:
don't haha. i bought hankook's when i replaced mine and have not really liked them over what came on the car stock. they're cheap, but that's about it.

I find the only downside to be the sidewall. They grip better in the wet and dry, get better mileage, and have less road noise. Did you get 225 or 215?

'08.5 MS3 at 14,991. Purchased 2/2/09 with ~40 miles on the odometer.

I find the only downside to be the sidewall. They grip better in the wet and dry, get better mileage, and have less road noise. Did you get 225 or 215?

'08.5 MS3 at 14,991. Purchased 2/2/09 with ~40 miles on the odometer.

215/45/18, the size of the stock tire. They're louder and just don't feel as solid at higher speeds. It's possible there's other factors going on with the suspension, but everything is still stock and I just liked the stock tires a heck of a lot better than I have these ones in almost every way.

also, which hankooks are you referring to? I bought the Ventus V12 evo K110.

Eventually I wanted to get 18x8.5 wheels and try the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 235/40/18

215/45/18, the size of the stock tire. They're louder and just don't feel as solid at higher speeds. It's possible there's other factors going on with the suspension, but everything is still stock and I just liked the stock tires a heck of a lot better than I have these ones in almost every way.

also, which hankooks are you referring to? I bought the Ventus V12 evo K110.

Eventually I wanted to get 18x8.5 wheels and try the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 235/40/18

I also have the Ventus V12 evo K110 and 100% stock aside from the tires. The Hankooks have less turn-in feel and may feel less stable in high speed maneuvers, but that's due to the softer sidewall. There is more body roll in the Hankooks and it is tough to get used to, but the overall road holding ability in the Hankooks is greater than the stock RE05A. I have to wait until August to autocross, but I'm excited to see how the feel and perform.

The C&D review notes that the Hankooks are less noisy than the average tire and the Tire Rack survey indicates a much better road noise rating than the RE05A. I didn't take in-cab decibel readings of new RE05A vs worn RE05A vs new V12 evo K110, but I'd put my money on the Hankooks being less noisy.

2008.5 and just passed 16,6XX... too afraid to mod (nailbyt) and would prefer to keep my warranty.

if i were u i would run the s*** out of ur car while its still under warranty like drive it freaking hard and if it doesn't break then its not going to break, well minus the maintenance stuff.

i freaking got better gas milage when i hit the 60,000 mark i gained about extra 30-40 miles i get about 310-320 on a full tank all freeway drive little streets, 90%/10%, going about 75-80. what is everyone else getting?

Just passed 55k a couple of days ago. Warranty expires in less than 5k! (nervous)

Last edited:
Just hit 65k miles a few days ago... still running like a champ. I do need to change the coolant and spark plugs though.

Back