2017~2024 CX-5 rear jack point question

Hey, not sure this is the right place but anyone use a floor jack to jack up the cx-5 rear end around the differential case? I am not sure exactly where it is around that differential case area. Is is that "odd looking jack point extension" in the picture? Some one also said it's behind it. Anyone has experience? This is a 2019 awd. Thanks!

Attachments

• Snap10.jpg
    Snap10.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3,595
When I jack mine up I put my jack pad across the two bolt stud looking things that are molded into the case that are behind the part hanging down.

PicJP.jpg

Hey, not sure this is the right place but anyone use a floor jack to jack up the cx-5 rear end around the differential case? I am not sure exactly where it is around that differential case area. Is is that "odd looking jack point extension" in the picture? Some one also said it's behind it. Anyone has experience? This is a 2019 awd. Thanks!

Yes, use the "odd looking jack point extension". I've done this many times and it worked perfectly. I used a scrap piece of 2x4 on the floor jack cradle in the past and it works fine. I now have a thick rubber jack pad for the jack cradle but the 2x4 will be fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Last edited:
Thanks Folks. Will give it a try for tire change. They really should be more clear in the manual :)
@LeSheep So did you jack up the rear of the 2019 cx-5 from that rear diff that has a long hanging part or like MyFirstMazda said between the two bolt holes?

What about the front?

@LeSheep So did you jack up the rear of the 2019 cx-5 from that rear diff that has a long hanging part or like MyFirstMazda said between the two bolt holes?

What about the front?
Either MyFirstMazda’s or Conrad 16.5’s should be fine for rear jack point on AWD CX-5. Just make sure to use a piece of 2x4 or thick rubber jack pad on the floor jack cradle. The front:

2019 CX-5 AWD Jacking Points?

AA1D100B-39E9-4640-8E39-5DFFD0814F52.png

Either MyFirstMazda’s or Conrad 16.5’s should be fine for rear jack point on AWD CX-5. Just make sure to use a piece of 2x4 or thick rubber jack pad on the floor jack cradle. The front:

2019 CX-5 AWD Jacking Points?

View attachment 302668
For the front I will jack up at the dimples with the rubber pad
1630429815484.jpeg

But for the rear of a 2021 it is ok to jack up at the EXTENSION and BETWEEN THE TWO BOLT HOLES with the the same rubber pad? I will flip it and use the flat side of the pad since I am not using the round saddle from my jack and just put this pad onto the flat surface of the jack.

Last edited:
I now jack up the rear on the extended part of metal, it is much easier to get to. No extension should be used on the rear or it could slip. It is not a big flat area like the front is, it only contacts a small area. If your jack cradle is bear metal you can put a 3/4 inch piece of wood over the entire cradle, to protect the metal.

Thanks Folks. Will give it a try for tire change. They really should be more clear in the manual :)
Agreed. The picture is terrible. It looks like the jack is pressing on exhaust pipe, and the circle is big. Resolution and detail of the drawing are poor.

Back