Torque wrench brand recommendations, please

Mid_Life_Crisis

Contributor
:
2007 MS3
I have come to the conclusion that I should stop trusting the calibration of my arm and get a torque wrench. The problem is that there are so many brands, with such a wide spread of pricing, that I really don't know what brand to buy. Obviously I don't want to spend any more than I have to, but I don't want some POS that is either going to be way off to begin with or drift out of spec the first time I slip, crack a knuckle and drop it under the car. Any recommendations?

Find your local SnapOn Guy and they usuall have a good clicker traded in for a digital for a good price, I have had my Snap on since 78 and had it calibrated 2 times and was always spot on.

Where does one get torque wrenches calibrated?

I thnk you can Google that. I believe I did to find out, a while back.

Being a guy who rarely works on a car, I have a Sears torque wrench that I figure is better than nothing. I can't afford one of the more expensive units for what little I do. You can also go with a beam type that is usually pretty accurate for the shade tree mechanic.

Last edited:
Sears wrenches/Craftsman are decent for the money. But im a fan of the snap-on/bluepoint, as well as Mac and Matco.

craftsmen is just fine for around the house/own auto repair. now if i were using it everyday, 15+ times a day i would getta snap-on. im a ase certified master tech;)

Back