Took the plunge....ordered a 08!

rk2112

:
Mazda CX-9 GT
Just got home from the dealer, I put in a order for a 08 Crystal White/Sand Interior CX-9 GT w/assistance pkg., moon roof & Bose pkg., towing pkg., Sirius satellite, roof rails, auto dim mirror, moon roof wind deflector, wheel locks, & all weather floor mats. Sticker $41,550, my cost $38,476 ($500 over invoice). They said it will probably be 4-months until delivery, so it should be here in December. (dance)

Please list all factors of price...did you pay cash? or did you trade something in that gave the dealer a bit of profit to help pay for the place?

Thanks and good luck !!! Welcome to the 08' club. CX-9 RULES !!!

Please list all factors of price...did you pay cash? or did you trade something in that gave the dealer a bit of profit to help pay for the place?

Thanks and good luck !!! Welcome to the 08' club. CX-9 RULES !!!

The $38,476 is for the CX-9 only not including my trade or any rebates or special offers that might be available at the time my CX-9 arrives. I do have a trade, but with it being 4-months away we haven't come up with a firm number on my trade. I have a 2005 Nissan Murano that I will be trading, but I put a lot of miles on for my job. I have 73,000 right now and will probably have almost another 12,000 miles on it by the time the CX-9 comes in. The have given me an approximate figure of $16,000-$17,000 for the Murano with 85,000 miles (I have a friend that has a used car lot and he told me that is approximately what it should be worth. He ran a Manhiem auction report for me). They said it is hard to give an exact trade value not knowing exacting how long it will be and how many miles I will actually have when the CX-9 comes in. I can understand that due to the excessive miles I put on. But right now it looks like I will end up financing around $22,000. Some of the factors of my deal were that I just purchased a 07 MX-5 Retractable hardtop in April (that I ordered and waited 6-months for it to come in. I paid $800 under msrp for it.) and my Father bought a 07 CX-7 6-months ago. So they gave me a good deal for being a repeat customer. The dealership was very honest and upfront with me with my MX-5 and my dad's CX-7.

Thanks rk2112. That was some great detail you put into that. I have waited since March so far for my CX-9 because they could not locate the color I wanted. It was ordered beginning of June so any day now I guess. I am sure it will be worth the wait !!!

Thanks rk2112. That was some great detail you put into that. I have waited since March so far for my CX-9 because they could not locate the color I wanted. It was ordered beginning of June so any day now I guess. I am sure it will be worth the wait !!!

Thanks CXyback007, I'm not sure but another factor that could have come into play is that due to the miles I drive I typically will end up buying a new vehicle every 2-2 1/2 years, so if they treat me fair I could end up purchasing another new vehicle sooner than most people.

Good luck with you new CX-9!!

Thanks CXyback007, I'm not sure but another factor that could have come into play is that due to the miles I drive I typically will end up buying a new vehicle every 2-2 1/2 years, so if they treat me fair I could end up purchasing another new vehicle sooner than most people.

Good luck with you new CX-9!!

Wow you go through a vehicle fast (drive). They better treat you extra nice !!!

Well with my job a put on about 36,000-38,000 miles a year so in 3-years I am over 100,000 miles.

I'm the complete opposite - 10-12k per year for me...trading in a Toyota for my first Mazda. Done with Toyota for a very long time bye-bye Toyota...thanks for the sludge (moon) !!!

Last edited:
Back