took side stripes off, and put a decal on today!!

SPRFLY

:
vivid yellow '03 Protege 5
Hey all, just wanted to share with you these pic's.. of the finished product....

will have more pic's up after saturday's waco showing...

Attachments

• decal on car.jpg
    decal on car.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 342
  • decal on car2.jpg
    decal on car2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 257
uh... im sorry dude, looked nicer without the stickers.. but hey, if u like it, thats all that matters :)

good job

well, i am sponsored by that company so i need to put the decals on... but, even if i wasn't sponsoered, i'd probly do it anyway,... i kinda like it.

Cool design, but I can't say I dig the red on yellow. I'd shoot for black or maybe gunmetal grey.

Glad you like it though.

traitorhound said:
hmm. . that lip looks familiar. . is that pirana's old lip. . ..i rememver seeing that decal before on there

yup, we bought that from pirana on thursday... that SD sticker will be coming off soon though :)

i really like the decal, but i agree w/the others that said it would be better in black or gunmetal

i immediately think of mcdonalds when i see anything red and yellow

but of course these are all just our opinions, so if you like it do whatever you want...who cares what we think! :)

firsit thing that came to mind was flamer... i like red and yellow but only when it accents something black... white can also be used with red to accent. Right now it looks like a DIY sticker so if the company that sponsored you is trying to say something thier saying might as well mailorder to me.

Just curious, was it much work to remove the pinstripes? Anything special that has to be done prior, like heating them up? It seems like they'd come off pretty easy. I'd really like to rid of those hideous things.

You can just peel off the pinstipes, and pray your paint hasn't faded around them. Suprisingly, I like the graphics. I thought I'd hate em, but I like em.

the come that sponsered me lets you pick which ever decals you want... i have many vouchers. so i can change it as many times as i want.
SenorCorwin said:
firsit thing that came to mind was flamer... i like red and yellow but only when it accents something black... white can also be used with red to accent. Right now it looks like a DIY sticker so if the company that sponsored you is trying to say something thier saying might as well mailorder to me.

not hard at all... just use a hair dryer... heat up the stripes, the longer you hold the dryer a spot the glue behind it will come off iwth the stripe, other then that, you will have to work at getting the glue off... i used "Googone" to get the glue off.. that was the only hard part about it, getting all the glue off.
novAKs47 said:
Just curious, was it much work to remove the pinstripes? Anything special that has to be done prior, like heating them up? It seems like they'd come off pretty easy. I'd really like to rid of those hideous things.

i think the style is pretty nice, but i agree that the red on yellow isn't the best looking combo you could have. the gunmetal recommendations were good ideas.

vaMP5er said:
You can just peel off the pinstipes, and pray your paint hasn't faded around them. Suprisingly, I like the graphics. I thought I'd hate em, but I like em.
me too... i thought that to, but, i kinda likem...

FunkyBubbha said:
Hot Wheels! LOL..looks pretty good. Funky, I would say.
and, ya i like the hot wheels look too,, funky, ya, i'd say that... different too, and that's why i like it..hehe

warrier04 said:
i think the style is pretty nice, but i agree that the red on yellow isn't the best looking combo you could have. the gunmetal recommendations were good ideas.
well, i thought that to at first, but, i was already starting the red on yellow, so i just stayed with that. ya, the gunmetal would look ok, but not sure it would look that great as a flame... it would defanitly bring out my wheels..

Back