Tom Tom Home + Windows 10 = Horrible

Pipemajor

Hoot Mon!
:
Minnesota
:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD
It ran pretty well on my Windows 7 and later, Windows 8.1 environments. Now that I've upgraded to Win10, it really sucks. I've upgraded Tom Tom Home to version 2.9.8.3722 and doesn't help. Takes forever for the NB1 SD card to get recognized and takes a horrid amount of time to download and install any updates. I was halfway through my latest update (50+ minutes) and the SD card disconnected itself.

I have 18 days left on my update subscription and seriously doubt I'll pony up for another year of updates.

The problem lays with Tom-Tom not Windows 10. It will take a bit of time for software manufacturers to catch up with the new OS.
I am a photographer, and will not update to Windows 10 solely on the fact that Adobe has not updated their software (LR & PS) enough to run smoothly on 10.

I installed Garmin Express for my portable Nuvi 40. It detected my device right away and downloaded/installed a new update.

TomTom Home

It ran pretty well on my Windows 7 and later, Windows 8.1 environments. Now that I've upgraded to Win10, it really sucks. I've upgraded Tom Tom Home to version 2.9.8.3722 and doesn't help. Takes forever for the NB1 SD card to get recognized and takes a horrid amount of time to download and install any updates. I was halfway through my latest update (50+ minutes) and the SD card disconnected itself.

I have 18 days left on my update subscription and seriously doubt I'll pony up for another year of updates.

I always had similar problems with TT Home, even under windows 7!
The software is junk...I now use the Imac when I need to update...A little better, but not much...Takes forever!

Back