To go flat black, or to stay silver?

mp5turbo

:
protege5 swap mazdaspeed 2003.5
Hey guys, I'm having the debate of flat black paint or staying silver, My car is pretty clean however has a few imperfections, including 1 door that is a lighter silver than the rest of the car(Not a great color match-_-) There is 1 small rust bubble, and a few minor scratches but the car is in pretty good general condition paint wise. I am however a big sucker for a flat black car, I just love that stealthy badass look, and don't mind the dirty looks:p. I have a buddy who works at his dad's body shop and would basically just charge me paint costs, to spray the car flat black( not including door sills, engine bay etc.) I would eventually also get my rims powder coated . I wanted your guys' feedback to my question, because Its a hard decision! The car is not worth enough to really be bothered in a re-sale case, I'm going to drive it until it dies and part out anyways! Thanks
867185IMG0044.jpg

831951iphonepics0712.jpg

654764iphonepics087.jpg

620238iphonepics089.jpg

Love flat or matte finishes so long as they're done right... They're much harder to maintain and yes they will look cheap if done poorly... The reason those flat black POS cars running around look so bad is because they were most likely done with a few rattle cans and little skill... If you have faith in your guy to do a good job then by all means go for it...

or just do what im planning on doing...
have you ever seen redneck-r-us P5?
laser blue but two tone with the roof and center of the hood black (as well as some of the from bumper and rear wing)

what i wanted to do is have a slightly darker gray body, and a black (or in your case, flat black) center.

what do you think?

Love flat or matte finishes so long as they're done right... They're much harder to maintain and yes they will look cheap if done poorly... The reason those flat black POS cars running around look so bad is because they were most likely done with a few rattle cans and little skill... If you have faith in your guy to do a good job then by all means go for it...
I'm going to check on pricing, if not a wrap would be sure proof not to look like crap!
or just do what im planning on doing...
have you ever seen redneck-r-us P5?
laser blue but two tone with the roof and center of the hood black (as well as some of the from bumper and rear wing)

what i wanted to do is have a slightly darker gray body, and a black (or in your case, flat black) center.

what do you think?
Unfortunately I haven't seen his car, would you happen to have a picture of it?

Thats a sweet looking p5! But not a dramatic enough difference, and it would not hide any imperfections, i am getting a price for the paint job from my friend today!

Thats also an option, do you think the msp racing hart's would look good black? Worst case, i could plasti-dip them and peel off the black if i don't like it

Me, personally? I'd leave it alone. I don't like black rims. They get lost in the mix when I look at cars. You already have the darker version of the MSP Racing Harts (or are they rattle canned/PC'd?) and that's enough of a difference in your ride having some contrast. I think I'd like to make my Silver P5 look like yours one day. I just need the MSP lip, darker Racing Harts, JDM tails and drop it some. Oh never mind...that would cost money and my wife wouldn't be too happy :)

BTW - do you have any bigger version pics of your ride?

Last edited:
Me, personally? I'd leave it alone. I don't like black rims. They get lost in the mix when I look at cars. You already have the darker version of the MSP Racing Harts (or are they rattle canned/PC'd?) and that's enough of a difference in your ride having some contrast. I think I'd like to make my Silver P5 look like yours one day. I just need the MSP lip, darker Racing Harts, JDM tails and drop it some. Oh never mind...that would cost money and my wife wouldn't be too happy :)

BTW - do you have any bigger version pics of your ride?
Haha! Happy wife, happy life:p they are the darker version of the rims(charcoal chrome like color) if you want to add me on facebook: Nicholas Paqs Paquette, it would save me uploading time:) i think my car looks classier silver, however i love the look of satin black, i've researched around and came up with a great thread on honda tech! However i know that if it isn't well done, i will really regret it!

You know you could take it to a cheap paint shop and get it done in flat black and it would look a hell of a lot better. It would cost you all of $250.

http://maaco.com/

You know you could take it to a cheap paint shop and get it done in flat black and it would look a hell of a lot better. It would cost you all of $250.

http://maaco.com/
My buddy is a body repair guy, his dad has a full shop, lifts, paint booth, everything! So depending on what he wants to charge, i'll look around!
Thanks;)
And as for the other colors, i really like the black, or a dark cream green, but i can't see it on a p5 looking nice,

Flat red and flat white look FREAKING hot but doesn't say primer like flat back can if it's not done perfect.

Flat red and flat white look FREAKING hot but doesn't say primer like flat back can if it's not done perfect.
I think flat red can look just as bad as black, only white would be almost impossible to mess up, but its not what im looking for, if i change colors, it will be for satin/ hot rod black

your ride is REALLY clean, i love the conversion! so much "ruder"
but im weak for matte black.. however...

do_it_faggot2.jpg

Back