Titanium Grey Metallic rim color options

I've been thinking a lot about this as well. On this color of car, the black just looks out of place. There isn't enough contrast. Chrome would probably look good, but I'm not really a chrome person. Gunmetal is again too close to the color of the car. Bronze is just about the only option for me, but if it's a bright bronze it would look downright silly.

I'm interested in hearing others' opinions as well.

I was thinking a dark color would look best.. Found this pic on another site and it may be a member on heres ride not sure but it looks good..

5003_510343881106_149500149_30387833_1808002_n.jpg

I'm prolly gonna just powdercoat the stockers and leave them cause i like the design of the rim.. Just was unsure of the colors that have been done..

Last edited:
I would go with Gunmetal, but with a contrasting edge, probably yellow, but blue or polished would also look OK.

Maybe this will help....

IMG_0547.jpg

RX-8 Rims Powder Coated. A little darker than OEM.

The wheels on mine were silver but now I changed to a little different style wheel and there titanium, ill post some pics of both when I get off work

the dark rims color is actually titanium, it almost has a dark blue color in the sun and they look black at night, so its pretty different

Attachments

• l_da75f9e6489f410ab9455e031c474aca.jpg
    l_da75f9e6489f410ab9455e031c474aca.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 624
  • DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 619
hell, burnt orange?

to me, as long as there is color to match the rim throughout the car it's real hard to f' that up.

i was thinking of going flat black since my emblems and parts of the engine bay are already said color.

i saw a pic of a speed3 on the board that's the gray color w/ orange rims and it didn't look to shabby. thus the idea.

maybe a powder coated blue?

find a set of rims u like and start photoshop'n.

i do really dig the rx-8 rims that are color matched!

i find the titanium grey color kinda hard to match with a wheel color. heres my car with some really saturated gold rims that i had on for about a month. wish it was a lighter gold then it woulda been perfect.

heres a photochop of white :D

heres another chop of some darker gunmetal color rims

Back