Tire wear! 3rd set w/ only 23k miles

smp3000 said:
hehe maybe Apex has them- this could be our first test our sponsorship lol

Do you guys think it has anyhting to do with the extreme summers here in phx? Or is there some strut setting I don't know about.
Off topic but SMP3000 is that your hedgehog? I had one for 3 years before she passed away (was a petstore hedgehog) they are very interesting creatures. And if I am not mistaken that is a alabino african pigmy hedgehog.

I am already @ 55k on the stock tires and they are wearing thin now but still doable. (A little difficult in winter). I do however constantly check the tire pressures and keep them at about 35PSI.

Check your alignment as suggested above, but with the new set, pay attention to the tire pressures year round. (Saves on gas too)

I went to Discount today and basically what they told me was that a "z" rated tire like I had is only supposed to last around 20,000 miles. Mine lasted 13,000... So there's nothing they could do for me. They said I could try and get a different rated tire but would lose performance but gain miles...

He also said that keeping my tire pressure at around 38 would be best.

hmmmm....

CanMP5 said:
I am already @ 55k on the stock tires and they are wearing thin now but still doable. (A little difficult in winter). I do however constantly check the tire pressures and keep them at about 35PSI.

Check your alignment as suggested above, but with the new set, pay attention to the tire pressures year round. (Saves on gas too)
this is kilometers btw....~34k miles

When lowering your car..it's very important to check camber & toe..and get that bad boy aligned..As many have mentioned if the toe is off..you will rapidly have tire wear..

My stock dunlops only lasted me to 30k...but it didn't help when i had the nitrous..and doing burnouts!

Chas
:p

So is everyone here using a z rated tire? I'm wondering if I should continue with the z or go to a different rated tire that won't wear as quick? Any thoughts?

Back