Tire recommendations needed for 2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD

I had 4 Scorpions mounted today at Sam's Club. My OEM Toyos were cupping, so I went to my dealer immediately afterward for a 4-wheel alignment. I can't say I noticed a big difference between the old and new in my short amount of driving today, except that on the freeway the Pirellis were much quieter than the Toyos. (However, I think the Toyos had a hum that was from the cupping.)

Just had four new Pirelli scorpion AS 3 tires installed on my wife's 2021 CX-5 signature with less than 10,000 miles on the odometer. Factory toyo A36 tires were down to 5/32nds tread. What a POS tire!! Half tread gone in less than 10k miles is absurd. Ordered them from discount tire direct on the 4th during sale for a sweet price of $655 Plus tax before additional $80 rebate from manufacturer and took them the discount tire where they installed them for $96 plus tax. We'll see how they go and post back!

How odd...my OEM Toyos, removed today, had 5/32 on them, after just under 32k miles. Anyhoo, you got a lot better deal on your Pirellis than did I!
Just had four new Pirelli scorpion AS 3 tires installed on my wife's 2021 CX-5 signature with less than 10,000 miles on the odometer. Factory toyo A36 tires were down to 5/32nds tread. What a POS tire!! Half tread gone in less than 10k miles is absurd.

Back