tire problem

B-Raz

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
So our lovely Iowa weather this past month has created some pretty big potholes on the roads. On my way to work yesterday I hit a really big one (unavoidable). At first I didn't think anything was wrong but by the time I got to work the car was pulling. So when I got out of the car the passenger front tire was completely flat. First off I cannot believe our cars don't have a tire pressure monitoring system because if it would have it would of told me that my tire was flat. I took the rim and tire off and took to a tire shop and they said if I wouldn't of driven so far with it flat they probably would have been able to fix it. Then they proceeded to tell me that the replacement tires for our cars is on national backorder and that it will be Feburary before I can get one. Sorry for the long post but I just kind of pissed off right now about the whole ordeal.

so let me get this straight. Your mad cause instead of getting out of your car and verfying everything is ok you kept driving and ruined a tire? TPMS is not mandatory till 08 and even then its not infallible. Next time pull over n check for damage. BTW tire rack lists the tire as available.

You could probably buy 4 new Kumhos for your car for the price of two stock ones then sell your remaining 3 on Ebay to make up the difference. Chances are the hole tore the sidewall anyway so you could not repair it anyways. There are regulations for patching Z rated and higher tires anyway. You should not repair a speed rated tire because the speed rating is voided if you do. Not the best answer but if a tire shop repairs the tire and you have a problem with it you could sue them for not knowing this.

No damage to the rims, I hope. My last adventure with a pothole (on an on-ramp, pitch black, never saw it coming) dented both right-side rims on my '96 Prelude (Konig Heliums - probably less robust than the stock MSP6 rims).

Probably worth checking out if you haven't already done so. The tire shop is full of crap when they say you can't get the OEM tires till February.

so let me get this straight. Your mad cause instead of getting out of your car and verfying everything is ok you kept driving and ruined a tire? TPMS is not mandatory till 08 and even then its not infallible. Next time pull over n check for damage. BTW tire rack lists the tire as available.

(werd)

So our lovely Iowa weather this past month has created some pretty big potholes on the roads. On my way to work yesterday I hit a really big one (unavoidable). At first I didn't think anything was wrong but by the time I got to work the car was pulling. So when I got out of the car the passenger front tire was completely flat. First off I cannot believe our cars don't have a tire pressure monitoring system because if it would have it would of told me that my tire was flat. I took the rim and tire off and took to a tire shop and they said if I wouldn't of driven so far with it flat they probably would have been able to fix it. Then they proceeded to tell me that the replacement tires for our cars is on national backorder and that it will be Feburary before I can get one. Sorry for the long post but I just kind of pissed off right now about the whole ordeal.

factory tires are always conservative. And stupid expensive!! I have Khumos Ecsta SPT tires on mine and they are the best out there for the money. You can get a whole set for less than the price of 2 factory tires. You get way better grip too! They may not last quite as long but damn what a difference!! No howling or understeering anymore. Awesome tires. Falken and Khumo make the best tires for the money out there now days!! You won't be sorry.....

Back