Tint

now im curious tho.. does anyone here know the formula for if ur stock tint is.. lets say 70% and you get 35% tints put on.. what percent tint do you have after that??

Should be simple math. .7 x .35 = .245, or 24.5%

Unless you're hell bent on a really dark tint, peel it, then put what you want. Adding layers is a recipe for disaster.

here in PA the judge will have to go out and look at my car and make sure the tint is off which is stupid so i can't just take a picture or something like that and say yeah its off.

and factory tint is not a layer on the window, it is actually in the glass.

here in PA the judge will have to go out and look at my car and make sure the tint is off which is stupid so i can't just take a picture or something like that and say yeah its off.

and factory tint is not a layer on the window, it is actually in the glass.

Wow, that's really stupid.

Yes, the windows are actually a type of green glass that has certain transmission levels that provide a 'solar tint' in the glass.

the tint guy that took the tint off said just to do the fronts so thats all i did. he said if they give you trouble bring it back.

notint.jpg

My bad. My friends car came with factory tint and his had to be taken off before he could put on another tint, I assumed it was the same idea.

Bump

I just got an $85 ticket in central MO for my tint. I have 5% all the way around (not the wind screen). Now I'm debating my options.....

1. Do nothing, leave the 5% all the way around.
2. Keep the 5% on the rear window, and two back doors. Have 35% on the front doors.
3. Strip all of the 5% off and have 35% installed all the way around.

Bump

I just got an $85 ticket in central MO for my tint. I have 5% all the way around (not the wind screen). Now I'm debating my options.....

1. Do nothing, leave the 5% all the way around.
2. Keep the 5% on the rear window, and two back doors. Have 35% on the front doors.
3. Strip all of the 5% off and have 35% installed all the way around.

What's the law down there? Certain % on certain windows or none on some?

What's the law down there? Certain % on certain windows or none on some?

35% is the max on the front. Anything you want everywhere else. So, option 1=illegal, options 2 & 3=legal.

EDIT: I'm not too concerned about getting a ticket in St. Louis (they have bigger fish to fry). I got the ticket in central MO by a statey on a Saturday morning. AKA, he had nothing better to do.

35% is the max on the front. Anything you want everywhere else. So, option 1=illegal, options 2 & 3=legal.

EDIT: I'm not too concerned about getting a ticket in St. Louis (they have bigger fish to fry). I got the ticket in central MO by a statey on a Saturday morning. AKA, he had nothing better to do.

Ok, something similar to MI, except we can't have s*** on the front.

If you're gonna strip it off, don't go up as high as 35. That's light. I went from 5% rear/20% front on my Protege to 20% all around on the MS6. I wouldn't go lighter than that.

Personally, fight the ticket, pull the fronts and get a paper from a dealer saying it was removed. After that, do your tint work.

Buddy got pulled over in St. Joseph for his tint. They were only 5% to dark. And he still gave him a ticket. Definitely had nothing else better to do.

Ok, something similar to MI, except we can't have s*** on the front.

If you're gonna strip it off, don't go up as high as 35. That's light. I went from 5% rear/20% front on my Protege to 20% all around on the MS6. I wouldn't go lighter than that.

Personally, fight the ticket, pull the fronts and get a paper from a dealer saying it was removed. After that, do your tint work.

I thought about that. However, by the time I drive down to the court house and drive back, I've blown through 5 hours in my car (~300 miles RT). For an $80 ticket, I might just pay it. There aren't any points against my license or insurance, so thats also a plus.

I thought about that. However, by the time I drive down to the court house and drive back, I've blown through 5 hours in my car (~300 miles RT). For an $80 ticket, I might just pay it. There aren't any points against my license or insurance, so thats also a plus.

Ouch, that's one hell of a hike! Our tint rules up here blow. In one county, they'll right it up as obstruction of vision, which is 2 points an $150, or defective equipment, which is only $100 and no points. When I recently fought mine, it was for the obs. vision because the cop decided to be a tool.

i got clear tint for the front window.. knocks down heat quite a bit!!! it was like a $100.. for just the front.. i think its lumaire??

Clear tint?? weird.. but i understand the concept.. but i wouldnt go with 2 different shades of tints.. i personally think it looks weird.. i think with the same percentage all around makes it much smoother even if it is as light as 35%.. which is what i have, but if the laws were different i would deffinately go darker.

mostly two shades if theyre close are unnoticeable.. i have two diff shades on my car and you couldnt tell for your life.. but if you go limo in back, light up front.. it will look a little silly..

and the clear tint is really good for heat reduction.. it has i mild rainbow irredescent look at times.. but, i dont think a cop could spot it??

well i got out of my ticket for having it off the fronts. plus i found out the magistrate was my neighbor so i don't know if the fact she knew me helped to but the cop was just like yeah i have seen him drive around its off. i'll probably get it put back on the fronts but a little lighter since the rears are 20%, maybe put 30 or 35 on. i can get it done for free cause my friend has a guy that works for him that does it on the side.

Latest posts

Back