Thule Helium and 2" Curt hitch

metalfab

:
2014 Ford Edge AWD LTD
Took a couple of weeks to order but the Thule Helium and Curt hitch were installed today 😀The Helium model is worth the cost: made out of aluminum, all quick release, no pins to fiddle with and has built in lock for the bikes and hitch.

large.jpg

Nice!

.....anything to do with cycling I give a thumbs up and taking the kids out to ride the bikes is double thumbs up :)

Nice!

.....anything to do with cycling I give a thumbs up and taking the kids out to ride the bikes is double thumbs up :)

Thanks Felt_Rider, the setup is just for them, Mum and Dad just walk ��. I use to compete in road racing half a lifetime ago ��

Couple more views:

large.jpg

Looks nice! But, does the rear view become obstructed? I'm still slightly jealous, I just ordered my Curtis III hitch and I still need a bike rack. But, I have a carbon fiber framed mountain bike so I don't want it supported by the frame, so I'm researching and looking :p
I'm eyeing the kuat nv but $$!

Last edited:
Looks nice! But, does the rear view become obstructed? I'm still slightly jealous, I just ordered my Curtis III hitch and I still need a bike rack. But, I have a carbon fiber framed mountain bike so I don't want it supported by the frame, so I researching and looking :p
I'm eyeing the kuat nv but $$!

Not much obstruction. Bikes are pretty transparent and the rear camera view is fine as well. The Thule Helium was not cheap either, the next model down is the Vertex. It does not have a built in lock for the bikes or the hitch. Also it lacks the 3 point quick release system, much better than the pins. The Helium is a feather to lift and doesnt add a thing to the weight, my daughter's bike is noticeably heavier. The price difference of the Helium and the Vertex was $150 Canadian.

Last edited:
Very cool. Thanks for the pics!

I just got my 2" curt in the mail. Excited to put it to good use with a similar bike rack.

Very cool. Thanks for the pics!

I just got my 2" curt in the mail. Excited to put it to good use with a similar bike rack.

Yeah mine comes Thursday(dance), but still haven't decided on a rack yet. At least I have a trailer I can pull

Back