Thoughts on tail light tints

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT + PREM Pkg 2019 CX5- GT Reserve
What do you guys think about tail light tints? I am debating on doing this but im not really sure, maybe some pictures of anyone that got their tinted?(popcorn)

was actually just looking at those right now, I decided to give the tints a try, if I don't like I will be getting those after market taillights.

was actually just looking at those right now, I decided to give the tints a try, if I don't like I will be getting those after market taillights.

Personally I think it looks good.

Pic%202.png

Not sure how the law works where you are from, but here - if you obstruct your tail lights with anything (GTO covers, tint, etc.) and someone rear ends you and claims that they couldn't see your brake lights, you will typically BOTH get tickets vs only them getting a ticket for failing to maintain proper following distance. Same goes for pulling out in front of someone when it's dark if they have blacked out headlights. Anything that reduces visibility of a light on a car essentially voids the DOT approval on the light. Here, they can also pull you over for just the covers/tint, even if you are just driving along. All of this is just FYI - you might want to research how your state law dictates exterior lighting mods.

The rear fog reflector (intended as lights) probably would get a pass since those are accessory here.
I put an LED fog light (two LED circuits in it) in wired for brake/running.
u3fOAE1.jpg

The rear fog reflector (intended as lights) probably would get a pass since those are accessory here.
u3fOAE1.jpg

Is that your current ride? Looks sharp as fvck!!! Great job man, very nice.

as mentioned earlier I just redded out the reverse white on our tails, I think it looks sharp. potential option instead of tinting
24nif6t.png
1176wwg.jpg

Hey redline, what size/width rims are those? You car looks wider than usual. Maybe its the mud flaps.

Hey redline, what size/width rims are those? You car looks wider than usual. Maybe its the mud flaps.

no you're right it does give off a wider stance, 18x8 ms3 gen2 rims, falken 235/55/18 tires I believe, 25mm hubcentric spacers, lowered by H&R and mudflaps

My thoughts? It's a great idea if you want someone to rear end you because they can't see your brake lights on.

The reality is, if you get hit by someone just because they didn't see your lights, then the weren't "ahead of the aircraft" or in this case the car. It would almost seem that the person driving behind would have had their headlights off or something. I avoid bicyclists often who ride at night with lights and dark clothing; much smaller targets. Typically tinted lights I see are really only hard to see in daytime (brakelights) at night they are fine. Personally I don't use another cars lights to judge if i should push my brake; plenty of people brake unnecessarily and frequently. I base my action off of what is happening in front of them and how fast their car is decelerating. Just because some people find it annoying because of the idea of making yourself "less visible" does not mean that in practice it's an issue.

u3fOAE1.jpg

Hey Chris_Top_Her,
Your ride does look sick! I'm a mazda noob about to get a white CX-5 soon. Any pointers on what you've done to your car?

Thanks!

Back