Thinking of Selling My MP3

racinemp3

I have a stock MP3, blue, with 49K miles. It is in excellent condition. What kind of price do you think I should get for it?

I don't think that you should sell it. I would never dream of getting rid of mine unless I absolutely had to, but I would imagine that you should probably be able to get at least $10k out of it.

Yeah me two I would never sell mine. I would say you could get 9,000-10,000 for it if its in awesome shape.

There is a 2001 MP3 for sell about a mile from my house. It's blue w/ 25000 miles on it. The guy is asking 9200. If I had the money I would buy it in a heartbeat and the mp5 would be for the wife (it already is.....i drive it as much as possible.....its much better than my 94 explorer)

oh yeah....if i did have the money I wouldn't pay over 8700 for it. Just b/c I think he would go down to it.

uhh those prices are what es 2.0's are going for around here, does limited edition not mean s*** to anyone?

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
uhh those prices are what es 2.0's are going for around here, does limited edition not mean s*** to anyone?
honestly, to us here on the forums it means something, but to the general populace and to people like Kelly Blue Book, it doesn't mean much. I've seen them go for under 10k easily. I was told by people "in the biz" that only two mazdas hold any true resale value - the miata and 3rd gen RX7.

Racinemp3, you're about twenty minutes from me :) wait til I have the cash (months - years, lol?) as I would love to own an mp3.

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
Limited Edition? I haven't really read up on MP3s much. Is there a Limited Edition? What is so special about it? Or are you just saying that the Mp3 is a step above the es 2.0 (if so.....agreed!).

davco said:
Limited Edition? I haven't really read up on MP3s much. Is there a Limited Edition? What is so special about it? Or are you just saying that the Mp3 is a step above the es 2.0 (if so.....agreed!).

Its limited production, they only made like 2500 of them or something

1500... ya see and then think about all the crashed ones and the modded ones. A stock MP3 in good condition should command a good price. s*** I wish I had an MP3 to turbo. I like turboed MP3's better than my MSP =X

1500?!? I didnt know that. I love the mp3.....(much like gbourdon, i'd take it before the msp and turbo it). Now I really want the one down the road from me. The blue is the best color on the mp3....imo.

MP3 = racing beat suspension, mp3 specific interior, ecu, engine cover, mp3 body kit and wing, 17" racing harts, 1500 made, only 1000 in the US. tell me thats not limited edition.

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
MP3 = racing beat suspension, mp3 specific interior, ecu, engine cover, mp3 body kit and wing, 17" racing harts, 1500 made, only 1000 in the US. tell me thats not limited edition.
Yeah that sounds limited to me. I've seen three around Birmingham AL....it seems like I shouldn't see it that much. Wait.....nevermind.....I only know that one of them is definitely 2001. Did they make more after? How many each year?

davco said:
Yeah that sounds limited to me. I've seen three around Birmingham AL....it seems like I shouldn't see it that much. Wait.....nevermind.....I only know that one of them is definitely 2001. Did they make more after? How many each year?
1500 period, in 2001 only

Wow... That MP3 is still for sale? If you dont buy it, im thinking I might have to have a talk with the rents. Dude, check out the Alabama MP3 thread, we had a meet last weekend @ the summit, you should come to our next one(whenever that is). We only had 5 cars show up,and would have loved to have 6!

Last edited:
Jhova1012 said:
Wow... That MP3 is still for sale? If you dont buy it, im thinking I might have to have a talk with the rents. Dude, check out the Alabama MP3 thread, we had a meet last weekend @ the summit, you should come to our next one(whenever that is). We only had 5 cars show up,and would have loved to have 6!
Yeah its still for sale....he went down from 9500 to 9200. I got the pm about the meet at the summit. The only problem is I got it after the meet occurred. Maybe next time. Considering there are only 1500 mp3, I'm amazed that I've seen 3 around town. 2 blues and one yellow.

I guess it also explains why there are only 3 or 4 people viewing the mp3 section while there is 10 in the p5 and 20 in the msp.

Back