The Protector - Paint and Interior Protection

Hey everyone, just wondering what the consensus is on The Protector. Just picked up a Black 2014 CX5 GT w/ tech package last night and this was offered to me by the dealer. I'm pretty sure it's overpriced. Everything in the finance manager's office is. That aside though, what are your opinions on the actual product. Check the source link below, and check the video at the bottom of link as well. Thanks!

http://www.infinitiofnaperville.com/the-protector-auto-interior-and-paint-protection.htm

You can accomplish the same thing yourself with a can of good quality paste wax and Scotch Guard. And save yourself hundreds of $$ in the process!

Thanks, that's what I've come to know. However I'm looking for a review of the product more than a review of the cost. Thanks again.

It seems to me that saying it isn't any better than an application of good paste wax is a review of the product.

Every one of those protection products that dealers sell are massive money makers for the dealership. They are inexpensive for them and have huge markup. All you are buying is a warranty; which is only as good as how willing they are to stand behind it in the real world and how likely it is that you are going to damage your interior.

Paint on modern cars is quite good, it isn't like in the early 80s when it would only hold up for a couple of years.

Save your money and find a good detailer through a site like detailingbliss.com or autopia.com or similar forum and pay them to clean the car up when it needs it.

There are some good quality paint sealants out there that have pretty impressive longevity now but you don't want the dealership applying them and they aren't even what they use for their protection deals. Find a good detailer and have them put Opticoat or Wolf's Hard Body or one of the Silica based sealants on the car. You won't get a goofy warranty but you will get someone that takes pride in their work using top quality products.

Pure obscene profit for dealership is what this is about.

It seems to me that saying it isn't any better than an application of good paste wax is a review of the product.

Every one of those protection products that dealers sell are massive money makers for the dealership. They are inexpensive for them and have huge markup. All you are buying is a warranty; which is only as good as how willing they are to stand behind it in the real world and how likely it is that you are going to damage your interior.

Paint on modern cars is quite good, it isn't like in the early 80s when it would only hold up for a couple of years.

Save your money and find a good detailer through a site like detailingbliss.com or autopia.com or similar forum and pay them to clean the car up when it needs it.

There are some good quality paint sealants out there that have pretty impressive longevity now but you don't want the dealership applying them and they aren't even what they use for their protection deals. Find a good detailer and have them put Opticoat or Wolf's Hard Body or one of the Silica based sealants on the car. You won't get a goofy warranty but you will get someone that takes pride in their work using top quality products.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't actually went and had the dealer put it on yet but when I bought the car 2 days ago I signed docs indicating I would but it was really late at night so they said I could come back. I also believe the cost was added to the loan, another major rip off. If I can get my money back then I will, and I'll try to find a detailing shop that does this. Thanks for the links as well. Cheers.

This... If any of you have no idea what detailingdomain, autopia, or detailingbliss is... You're missing out on valuable info.

Back