THE OFFICIAL "Traveling Mazda Flag" thread! :D

:
2008 mazdaspeed3 GT
NEW UPDATE 10/26/10 - PLEASE READ

New shipping list has been created. We are going to move the flag state by state in hopes that people can meet up together and it will also keep shipping times down. I know some of you will be upset by this move but I feel this will help to keep things moving. Scroll down and look at the new updated list. It starts off with Zuku26 and moves down. Overseas/Canada will have to hang tight until we get it done over here in the states first. For those of you who are in the Military and will be back home before we get done with the trip around the US/Canada, we will then add you to the end of the list.

================================================================

CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL PICTURE THREAD!

================================================================

So a couple of years ago I was apart of this traveling NIN head over at Echoingthesoung.org; a nine inch nails message board. Long story short, a member bought this weird NINHead off of ebay and decided to have it travel the world to various NIN fans. Each person who got it would take it somewhere in their city and snap a shot of the head. (for me, I was living in San Diego and took the head out to the beach in Del Mar for a sunset picture) This was a huge success with the NIN community and I figured that maybe we could do something along the same lines but with the MAZDA flag that is currently being pictured in the new commercials.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So i finally got the link to the NIN thread to better explain how this sort of thing works.

So check it out here......

The traveling tacky NIN head (Echoingthesound.org thread)
Archive.org flashback site

DSC00480.jpg

So, I thought I would see if people on here would like to try and do the same thing with the above MAZDA flag. We could start a list of people who are in and once I get the flag (just bought one on ebay for $13) Ill snap a shot, post it in here, and then PM the next person in line requesting their address so the flag can move on :) Each person who gets the flag will be responsible for shipping the flag to the next address (that means you have to pay for the shipping). Only add your name to the list if you honestly plan on shipping the flag out in a timely manor to the next person in line. If you're in the military, please let us know if you get papers for deployment and I can remove you from the list.

=========================================================

04/15/10

yeah, we talked about signing the flag last night at the PNW meet....perhaps I will try and get a quick meet together to get everyone to sign it before I ship it out. I wanted to see if others wanted to do the signing part and so far it looks like others are down for it. (nana)

oh, btw....here is the PNW crew with the flag last night. This thing is HUGE so we folded it in half......

212g85c.jpg

==========================================================

YES, we are signing the flag!

==========================================================

THE LIST! :D

INSIDE THE USA
Travelingflag_1-1.jpg
Travelingflag_2.jpg

OUTSIDE THE USA
Travelingflag_3.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I could be first!! Going to be a ton of mazda owners who I am sure would love to sign this Memorial day weekend!!! I am leaving friday morning......If not its cool I'll wait my turn but could be an awesome shot of a lot of us like yours!

Nice! So are we trying to get someone from every state or as many as possible? Are we going to start the flag like west coast to east coast or vise versa? Just wondering plan of action once we get the people?

At this point, I want as many people as possible. Each person who gets it will sign it and snap a picture with it. :)

If you want to be added to the list, please post your forum name and location....then ill add you :)

For example:

Worbit - Seattle, WA

Last edited:
Could I maybe get if for June 5th? The All Mazda meet at OCC is on the 5th...Could potentially be a big date for that!

MazPro502, if you want to take this thing first, it would be alright...as long as I get it back the next week for EECMM...

Exactly what I was thinking...this thing will be shipping out to the third person already signed by 150 people...lol...

01. MazPro502- Townsend, Ma(hour from Boston)NEXT UP!!
02. ScratchNSniff - Grrrr, S.C.
03. Msp03.5 - (lakewood) Colorado.

Wish I could be first!! Going to be a ton of mazda owners who I am sure would love to sign this Memorial day weekend!!! I am leaving friday morning......If not its cool I'll wait my turn but could be an awesome shot of a lot of us like yours!

Just a note... If MazPro can't do it, I'll step in as a back up. We live close enough to each other and are a part of NEPOC. I'll make sure the flag gets to it's next destination on the behalf of the NEPOC name.

-Chris

Back