Text Messaging not working

RebeccaR7

:
Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
Hi everyone-
I'm new to this forum. I just leased a CX-5 on Sunday. I am having an issue getting the Text Messaging function to work. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 from Verizon) pairs perfectly with the phone call portion. I have no issues with that. Phonebook and all that works great. The text messaging just doesn't work. I keep getting error messages that download failed, or sometimes it will say download complete but no text messages show up. I emailed Mazda and they said that people have been having issues with the new 4.3 android version. Is anyone having any issues? Has anyone figured out a fix at all? All Mazda said was that its usually fixed by a phone update...but I rarely get phone updates so I don't want to wait until the next android update! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I was really excited about using this feature on my new car!

Thanks!

I have the same phone on 4.3 from T-Mobile and it's working well. Every time asks me, when there is a new message, if I want to download it now or later. I have never actually seen a text message, because it won't let me while I'm driving.

Mine downloads them and then reads them to me if I want. I can only respond though by calling the person. Galaxy S4.

I have the same phone on 4.3 from T-Mobile and it's working well. Every time asks me, when there is a new message, if I want to download it now or later. I have never actually seen a text message, because it won't let me while I'm driving.

Doesn't it read it to you though?

I thought it was supposed to give you a list of different responses you can give to the person?

To be honest, since I am driving when I get the text (I don't get many mind you), I just notice that the first screen has 2 buttons that say "Download Now" and "Download Later". If I choose "Download Now", I get a list of the text messages. One of the buttons shown is to read it and that is the button I push. I am not sure what the other options are since if I wanted to "Download Now" then it means that I also want to hear it, not some other option. So like I said, it works perfectly for me.

To be honest, since I am driving when I get the text (I don't get many mind you), I just notice that the first screen has 2 buttons that say "Download Now" and "Download Later". If I choose "Download Now", I get a list of the text messages. One of the buttons shown is to read it and that is the button I push. I am not sure what the other options are since if I wanted to "Download Now" then it means that I also want to hear it, not some other option. So like I said, it works perfectly for me.

Minnesotaaart - What version android do you have?

I'm having the same problem with my iphone 5 running iOS 7. Any fixes?

Doesn't work. In my BMW text messages work all the time and email only works when I close the mail app getting in the car. Haven't tried this in the cx5 yet, but I don't think it's going to work.

I have an S4 and it was working flawlessly until Verizon pushed an update. It's 2014..... Text messaging is NOT high tech and yet; no auto manufacturer can get it right.

My wife and I both have xperia phones.
I have a xperia sp with 4.1.2 and my wife has a xperia t with 4.3
They are both on the compatibility list,but each with different functions that will work.
The xperia t does not support the messages and the xperia sp does support the messages ,that's how it is written on the list.

In real time,the messages work on both phones ,but only if wifi and data connection are disabled.

Anyone also having this problem ?

Same here. I have gs4 running the latest android. Text messages are not read or downloaded. Should I go to the dealer to get it fixed? Maybe they can fix the usb issue as well which was mentioned in the other thread.

htc one with kit kat android. it worked for the first 3 weeks i bought the vehicle. then the messages no longer displayed or read aloud. i gave up on it. at least my pandora works great each time tho

htc one with kit kat android. it worked for the first 3 weeks i bought the vehicle. then the messages no longer displayed or read aloud. i gave up on it. at least my pandora works great each time tho
There's a thread in this section that deals with this issue. You basically have to delete the pairing from both the head unit AND your phone, reboot the phone, turn off the car, leave the car off for a few minutes (to ensure the bluetooth module actually reboots completely), turn the car back on and repair the phone. It's a pain in the butt, and you'll find that you have do this about once a month or so. (Well, I've had to about that often with my LG G2.) Its yet ANOTHER mazda head unit bug. (Technically, it's a bluetooth module bug, as are the ipod/usb issues.)

Take care
Gary

My messages down load, but now they won't show the message when I select the message, or speak the message, either while driving or stationary the engine off.

They worked previously, and also gave a list of messages I could send even when driving. Phone is a HTC wildfire.

Didnt work for me.
There's a thread in this section that deals with this issue. You basically have to delete the pairing from both the head unit AND your phone, reboot the phone, turn off the car, leave the car off for a few minutes (to ensure the bluetooth module actually reboots completely), turn the car back on and repair the phone. It's a pain in the butt, and you'll find that you have do this about once a month or so. (Well, I've had to about that often with my LG G2.) Its yet ANOTHER mazda head unit bug. (Technically, it's a bluetooth module bug, as are the ipod/usb issues.)

Take care
Gary

I had a similar issue and fixed it. It was due to the stupidly low memory of the head unit. I found out that I had too many SMS messages history and since the stupid head unit tries to download every single one of them, it runs out of memory and gives the error (my assumption, being IT). Try the following.

1) Turn off the car
2) On your phone, delete old SMS
3) Turn on the car
4) If it doesn't work, try unpairing the device instead before turning off the car

Back