Temorary heatsoat fix.

ALL DATA IS INCONCLUSIVE UNTIL I HAVE TEMP READINGS.

By temporary i mean the effects are temp the system im using is permanent and will aslways work. But i was watching topgear a few nights ago and remember them commenting on the intercooler water spray system in the STI(or evo don't remember). But i thought to myself man that would be nice for our little stock hot boxes(aka the side mount). I also realized that im not using my windshield wiper bottle and pump, because im a boss and can have the wiper lines clustering up my engine bay.

So here is what i did i took the washer fluid line and ran it down to my grill opening(enough line to do this). After that i fitted a nozzle on it to spray at my intercooler. So far so good i don't have any lines getting in the way and no kinks in the line to stop flow. One major draw back i can see to this system is the rate the pump flows fluid, after one session of hard driving my bottle was empty(using it at 3 pumps per pump cycle before and during boost). Do make sure that your nozzle is above the water line in your bottle, otherwise physics will s*** on your face and it will leak until water lvl and nozzle are equal.

Soon i will grab my friends infrared thermometer, and get some temp readings. But what i really need is a IAT sensor with gauge readout. Till this all i can do is ASSUME its benefiting me, but until i find out for sure dont go getting your hopes up.

In the end we learn one thing... Our cars need a ******* front mount from factory. /thread

Here are two pics of my current setup v1.5, i will be revising this soon as well to v2.0 with actual spray nozzle and better routing.
215653_10150162984578601_635208600_6778266_7199091_n.jpg

215167_10150162985288601_635208600_6778297_1268757_n.jpg

Front mounts cost money like hookers, and blow. So as you can see my priorities differ from yours.

V2.0 is installed and working. I used a bit more line and a windshield wiper nozzle. This time i mounted it on the little plastic air duct in front of the intercooler and behind the crash bar. Positioned the nozzle to spray vertically and routed lines to it. Simple enough so it gets a 2/10, and only a 2 because you have to use a drill once.

Now for some pictures, because we all know a thread sucks if no visual entertainment is available.
Unless you get a smaller one you will have to cut it in half like i did.
IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

IMG_8569.jpg

IMG_8573.jpg

You can see where the ziptie is holding the line, and the line going up to the nozzle
IMG_8557.jpg

IMG_8552.jpg

IMG_8558.jpg

IMG_8560.jpg

IMG_8563.jpg

Literally bend this piece back and directly above it is where you need to drill
IMG_8566.jpg

Now some regular shots of my car.
IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

Last edited:
Lol well if you are going to do things the cheap way, you may as well cut your springs while you're at it. :p

Cut springs are for fags, then my struts valving wont match my spring rate. Remember you can be cheap as long as your smart about it. Honestly i feel inside my heart that this is helping if only a little. Water evaporating dissipates heat, our intercoolers get hot enough to evaporate water on contact(ask me how i know). So hypothetically my spray nozzle is doing some good.

I plan on it. But right now sorting out my bills *cough* i mean hookers and blow is more important. Trust me you guys will like what i have planned next.

Last edited:
if you are hell bent on running this system then throw out the windshield washer nozzles and buy mist nozzles. pouring water on the IC is FTL you need to have a proper mist.

did you do any testing like putting a temperature probe in your intake to measure before and after?

many people including myself have made much nicer kits than this and thrown them out the window as they are junk. speaking from experience I would stop wasting time with stuff like this and put real upgrades on your car.

if you dont believe me go video tape yourself doing a 0-160KM pull with a data log showing WOT, then park and spray your little nozzles then do another 0-160 pull with datalog. you will be pretty disappointed when there is practically no difference and your car is sitting there peeing water everywhere at the lights.

if you want the car to go anywhere:

exhaust
intake
intercooler
WB02
engine management
boost control

= fast and fun.

windshield washer nozzles = embarrassing, hick and slow.

speaking from experience (hi)

my buddies 328 coupe beat me by the same number cars over and over and over all week long no matter how much I sprayed down the IC. its a placebo, 2 seconds of boost and the IC is burning hot again even with the sprayers going while you race. my iat logs showed practically no diff.

Last edited:
you will be pretty disappointed when there is practically no difference and your car is sitting there peeing water everywhere at the lights.

=)
Or you could go with a Meth kit. Im sure you would see heavy gains.

lol im mr meth injection ;) see first line of sig..

Its cool trust me all the component are in the trunk so i cant get cited for access to booze while driving.

wonder what kind of effect smirnoff or absolut would have on your IAT ;)

if i were you i would just smoke weed and drive if you are dead set on getting a buzz in your msp. booze cruises will kill you or someone innocent eventually, whereas with weed you have to really suck at driving to crash. if you were actually too stoned to drive your brain will still have the logic necessary to keep you from getting behind the wheel. with booze every drink just makes you want to drive more and the part of your brain that tells you not to go drive decides to take a nap. i dunno man i couldnt live without a license lol id rather just have a big joker grin on my face at a ride check then reek like alky and lose my license.

but thats just me lol

unless you live in one of those states where its ok to drink and drive

lol no i suck just learn from my mistakes

most important thing is a good EMS the rest is just icing

EVERY MSP SUCKS without at least a afc.

dont waste time and money. save a paycheck, buy some goods mods and go smoke good cars and make some videos and post back :)

the for sale section is FTW also check clubprotege.com and toprotege.com

EMS
exhuast
intake
fmic
10psi

you will be flying compared to now

It will come for ours. What i dont understand is how they have the FSDE megasquirt for mx6/probe, and not ours.... i really dont get it. All im going to do is have it run injectors and spark...

Back