TCS turn off?

Is it possible Mazda has removed the “TCS OFF” button on 2021 GT-R? There’re many car manufactures do not offer the capability of disabling the TCS.
Is there a TCS shut of button on 2021 cx 5 turbo? I cannot see it with the other 6 push buttons by driver left knee. The talks about it, but i dont see how to turn on or off. Anyone?

Is there a TCS shut of button on 2021 cx 5 turbo? I cannot see it with the other 6 push buttons by driver left knee. The talks about it, but i dont see how to turn on or off. Anyone?
According to the 2021 manual at Mazda USA, some trims have the "TCS OFF" button, others have the off-road button with an icon showing a vehicle climbing a bumpy road. Evidently none have both. Note that the US manual says "some models" for each of the two functions.

This may vary If you're not in the US

Now, prior to introducing the explicit off-road function, Mazda stated there was a stealth light off-roading "easter egg" that could be activated by turning TCS off:

One presumes that's still true for trims so equipped. But what's to make of the newer explicit off-road function? One presumes it's some enhanced off-road function compared to the so-called TCF Off easter egg. In any case, I would expect that activating the off-road mode if so equipped turns off traction control, but it beats me what else it might do that would defeat what you're trying to accomplish such as the better fuel economy some claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the 2021 manual at Mazda USA, some trims have the "TCS OFF" button, others have the off-road button with an icon showing a vehicle climbing a bumpy road. Evidently none have both. Note that the US manual says "some models" for each of the two functions.

This may vary If you're not in the US

Now, prior to introducing the explicit off-road function, Mazda stated there was a stealth light off-roading "easter egg" that could be activated by turning TCS off:

One presumes that's still true for trims so equipped. But what's to make of the newer explicit off-road function? One presumes it's some enhanced off-road function compared to the so-called TCF Off easter egg. In any case, I would expect that activating the off-road mode if so equipped turns off traction control, but it beats me what else it might do that would defeat what you're trying to accomplish such as the better fuel economy some claim.
Yes, i have that Off Road button and the right up in the book is mumbo jumbo. Note sure exactly what it actually does as this is far from an off road suv. Yes, it will turn off Traction Control and thats it as far as i can envision. I will try it in winter in Canada.

Yes, i have that Off Road button and the right up in the book is mumbo jumbo. Note sure exactly what it actually does as this is far from an off road suv. Yes, it will turn off Traction Control and thats it as far as i can envision. I will try it in winter in Canada.
I don't think using off-road mode is a great idea for winter driving unless you're trying to get unstuck from deep snow or doing a straight line crawl through it.

Consider dynamic stability control (DSC). DSC uses traction control and anti-lock braking in concert. I suspect the TCS OFF for those vehicles also turns off stability control. I suspect the same with the off-road mode. How much better is off-road mode than the others with TCS turned off? I imagine fairly subtle.

Yeah, I mean it's not a body-on-frame 4x4 and ground clearance is only about 7 1/2 inches so light off-roading would be the limit of its capabilities.

There are no choices on this cx5 2021.5 model. There is a button to get out of snow or mud option, which cuts out if i recall at a certain speed. I will have to use paddle shifter to lower gears on slopes with snow on my driveway. If TCS is on, I cannot get up my driveway. The button has a car on a hill symbol.

Back