Symptoms of side mount going out?

dandydaniel

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
So after 2,400 miles on my 2008.5, I hear this squeeky noise whenever i'm gently going in 1st... I'm not sure how long the noise has been there but I just noticed it today cause after i installed my nano, i turned off the radio in order to hear the intake and i also picked up that noise ... maybe it also has to due with something connected with my tpms sensor constantly going off and on as well? this car is causing me this many troubles when ive only put 2,400 miles on the car...

Squeaky noise...? Please elaborate... Couldn't it be your brakes maybe?

I seriously doubt your mounts are bad, unless you've been dumping the clutch at high RPMs.

havent done much aggressive driving as of yet. they are most of the time two squeeks just as i engage in 1st. i'm pretty sure its specific to the front left part of the car (could possibly be the front passenger side tire/suspension?)

I'm also at 2,400 miles, stock, and noticed some noise action. It's usually when I'm in my neighborhood, stop and go on the way home, and shifting into first, and then first into second. I hear a "clunk" on the shift if I pull hard, which I *think* is the engine mount flexing a bit. I'm not too worried, as I will be putting on a TRZ dog-bone that I probably get for Xmas (thanks wifey!).

But, similar to you, I've noticed a "whine", something high-pitched, usually between the shift from 1st into 2nd. It's hard to describe via the interwebs, but it's definitely a high pitched something. It's troublesome, but I don't think it's serious, and I've chalked it up to shuddering during break-in of the whole engine bay now that it's warming up, being driven on my commute every day.

I too have heard that squeeky noise driving gently as you mentioned. I took the car to the dealer and they went over the whole front suspension and tighten EVERY SINGLE BOLT, NUT, SCREW, ETC. All fixed now. YOu should check that.

my rear sway bar nut was loose causing some noise. I also had a noticable squeeking noise in the car that I ended up singling out to being the bolt that holds the drivers side seat belt latch.

Back