Superprotege goes 13.2 at the track slipping the clutch

Superprotege's car went to the track and did 13.2 at 108 MPH. The car was driven by my brother but the clutch did not help at all. It slipped in 2nd, third and fourth gear but still made 13.2. It has an extreme pressure plate with a 6 puck ACT and did not hold. He had to let off the trottle partially in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear to get a good pass.
It is making very good power and torque and I know that this total sleeper is capable of making very low 12s. They will work on the clutch this week and hit the track again next week.
CWILL was also there but I do not know how he did. I don't know if my yellow P5 is still the fastest(dunno)

Where was this at? Were you running on slicks again? That seems a bit off considering your 12.5 second pass. Hope it works out.

POSEIDON said:
Where was this at? Were you running on slicks again? That seems a bit off considering your 12.5 second pass. Hope it works out.

This is another car and it was at moroso in florida. A clutch slipping makes a huge difference and he is making about 20 more whp than I was at the time I raced mine. We'll see what it does when this small issues are fixed.

HiBoost TS said:
This is another car and it was at moroso in florida. A clutch slipping makes a huge difference and he is making about 20 more whp than I was at the time I raced mine. We'll see what it does when this small issues are fixed.

Sweet, let me know next time you guys go back. I'd like to check it out.

Roywhitep5 said:
haha i thought you left kyle

No, that thread was just to lure out hughes and make fun of him more.

HiBoost TS said:
Superprotege's car went to the track and did 13.2 at 108 MPH. The car was driven by my brother but the clutch did not help at all. It slipped in 2nd, third and fourth gear but still made 13.2. It has an extreme pressure plate with a 6 puck ACT and did not hold. He had to let off the trottle partially in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear to get a good pass.
It is making very good power and torque and I know that this total sleeper is capable of making very low 12s. They will work on the clutch this week and hit the track again next week.
CWILL was also there but I do not know how he did. I don't know if my yellow P5 is still the fastest(dunno)

Juan,

Chris went 12.44 @115.9 on pump gas and 14psi(13.8 to be exact). He said he meet your brother. Congrads on having another fast P5. It's good to see more and more Protege's climbing the ranks.

Mental Addiction said:
Juan,

Chris went 12.44 @115.9 on pump gas and 14psi(13.8 to be exact). He said he meet your brother. Congrads on having another fast P5. It's good to see more and more Protege's climbing the ranks.

Need a clutch that holds 400+ whp+torque, ACT 6 puck (no spring) and extreme pressure plate can't hold 350 whp. Need clutch that is streetable, the car is still daily driven. Considering Spec Full Race or stage 5 (stage 3 hybrid burned up on me @ 9psi, possibly due to not mating it with Fidanza Flywheel 1st so I am skeptical of Spec) or Exedy/Cusco. Any sugguestions?

Superprotege said:
Need a clutch that holds 400+ whp+torque, ACT 6 puck (no spring) and extreme pressure plate can't hold 350 whp. Need clutch that is streetable, the car is still daily driven. Considering Spec Full Race or stage 5 (stage 3 hybrid burned up on me @ 9psi, possibly due to not mating it with Fidanza Flywheel 1st so I am skeptical of Spec) or Exedy/Cusco. Any sugguestions?

Go with the Spec Full face. Make sure to get the FW surfaced. You where on 25psi and race gas that night right? How much is C16 going for in FL? It's over $11 a gallon here.

Last edited:
Mental Addiction said:
Go with the Spec Full face. Make sure to get the FW surfaced. You where on 25psi and race gas that night right? How much is C16 going for in FL? It's over $11 a gallon here.

Thanks MAM,that is what was sugguested to me by Juan. We disconnected the waste gate hose and ran up to 25 psi. We paid $48+ tax for 5 gallon container of C16 so close to $10. Hi MAM, $589 is kind of steep for the Spec Full face. If you can offer a better price, please PM me with this + the amount to overnight it to 5930 NW 99th ave # 9, Miami, FL, 33172. We are hoping to go back to the tracks Wednesday.

Superprotege said:

ive got the act street disc in my car. its holding fine now. maybe the flywheel is messing it up cuz i have a weaker clutch and its holding. im betting im making maybe 10lesshp then u. u should maybe throw a stock flywheel back in and see.
good luck at the track. ill be there next week

Back