Sunroof leak

:
CX-5 Touring
I noticed water stains near my sunroof. I haven't opened the sunroof in months, so there's no reason for water to get inside.
I only wash my car by hand, and have never taken through a high-pressure car wash.

I took it to the dealership, and they said they couldn't find any leaks. They explained that it's not a perfect seal, but I still shouldn't get water inside because there are four drains which surround the sunroof.
They also couldn't find anything which would be blocking those drains. In the end, the dealership did nothing.
By the time next winter comes around, my warranty will be expired.

Has anyone else experience this issue, and if so, where you able to find the cause?

VdKx8qjmsPoEbUKNkHKiJ_Ca8944Xgj_cGRN-_4rw-SvIr9FiSCUSs3pB7AUO7if92tU1YkRAJWg9Y2QNu0mBj2-GLbTXFrP5mTcGEjNGtXTf21DEu9y9d8CxUdwHC9LZPOzAHraoKq9SBUiS5j0j9eECir3hJPT6evxMHKzjpFQjb6vQwkbmNAfz3_3ALsHue4XgJBSXOtxc8CqyXOqR49QkeZt_pSOGdihKwD9Enn9oBv8ouN6hqJzrlhrJzLHaNiNc6qGPZ8zeopL3HQ_KmG25HCNKtXKSkT8s1cllXo_mAkUo7h92jiH9oTz4FsP4lLtRr5sWo6_S5lDbTXjX05gH6HBaydDfV9SNHGQ-BVG6FxZJT2cwnncjO2PYp0J68leboz8_Jc1_n3_ejtbEiNzd2FdLf0Hebr2vJ1rC3CgG7TGWWgJLnuwdYOPLnFeU8dOMMSzVnrC97Zi1zChQ9wLla9MhcMArpkTn-9xz11wIz3KS2CepDl4Y70EIvh5c3ZiAAKjWFGv8jqFVEXiseDxcKH98KsgGqXwzU_yRVSp1LNl9endIq6iejByF_F7p-KKByU3X8Pt-yIClpUdOSOo6KAOGUgvBqdQTa3Zbheeq9fHke5ZENh8De74V0QukfUl8MLMHNO840F8vBi3D1Oavt0MFL9b=w2164-h1622-no

The holes under the body could be blocked.
These holes near sunroof lead to the ones under the body.

I would open the sunroof and wipe all the sealing surfaces to make sure they are clean. Then I would take a glass of water and with the sunroof open, pour the waster into the trough and see if the water come out under the vehicle. If not water exits then that means there is a clogged drain pipe. Ed

Most all sunroof "leaks" are because the drain lines attached to the sunroof are slow draining and need to be cleaned out. You should be able to pour water into the sunroof gutter and see it quickly drain out below the car and onto the pavement below. Some manufacturers have two lines, one in each front corner of the sunroof, others have four drain lines, two front, two back.

Get some https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) and poke around in each corner of the sunroof until you find the drain line opening and then plumb out each side. Some people also recommend making a pot of warm soapy water and pouring it into the sunroof gutter. But not boiling hot, because with some manufacturers that can undo the glue sealing the drain lines tightly to the sunroof gutter. Nor do I recommend blowing out the gutter lines with an air hose, since the over pressure can shatter some drainage lines.

In this video he takes off all the trim to show the drainage lines. That's a lot more work than I've ever done.

Back