Stripped 02 nut..suggestions?

DaRkCotTon

:
Mazda 3i Touring 2.0L
Alright, so yesterday i bought a o2 sensor socket and some wd40 from autozone and prepared to get the 02 sensor off. (it was rusted and i had a CEL). So i spray some WD40 on that thing and waited, sprayed some more and waited, then sprayed it again and waited. after i was done playing a GTAIV mission, i went outside and put the o2 socket on and started ratcheting the thing loose. unfortunately, all i ended up doing after 2 mins of work was stripping the effing nut. now its basically rounded off and im not too sure on what to do. a friend of mine told me to blow torch it and then try again, but im not too sure about that. should i bring it to a garage, or is there a tool i can use to take it off? any type of suggestion would help. Thanks in advance

P.S. its the pre-cat 02 sensor i stripped, dont know if that would help.
P.P.S Wasn't sure where to post this

if you allready stripped it, then a torch isnt gonna help. if your tried it 1st, you probably would have been able to remove it though. heat works better then any penetrating oil...

You can try to heat it up, then put a vise-grip on it really tight and tap the vise-grip with a hammer.....

Thanks everyone..already tried the pipe wrench but the one i had was too big..has anyone heard of the "Metrinch" wrench? I found it online and it said that it can loosen stripped nuts and stuff.

Back