Storage / Organizer Hacks - What have you created or found?

ecexplorer

:
Potential CX-5 Owner
I find my 2016 cx-5 to be a little difficult in the storage department, I miss having a sub-cargo space to keep larger items. With the "main" area of my trunk devoted to my dog, I'm interested how people have taken advantage of the little side pockets, center console, under seats, or other areas of the car. Preferably, I'd like to prevent from drilling any holes, etc.

The biggest thing I would like to create or buy would be a net-like structure for the sides. Above the wheel wheel looks like a perfect place to keep a roll of "shop wipes". On the sides, I'd love a cubbie that could hold a first-aid kit, jumper cables.

Any and all pictures & links appreciated. I did get a coin holder that just fits in the tiny pocket to the left of the steering wheel:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Here's what I dd with bungeeing in a storage box and a small bag. They don't slide all over.

attachment.php

Attachments

• beauty_shot.jpg
    beauty_shot.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 1,592
Has anyone tried any of the seat side pocket storage units that I find on Amazon?

I have a 2020 CX-5 and am quite disappointed that there is no place to store the phone near the charger.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.09.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.09.43 PM.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.10.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 5.10.33 PM.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 155
I have a couple of those seat side pocket things. I have used it in the past on trips but eventually I decided they get in the way too much unless I'm driving by myself.
One has a big cupholder plus a couple of slots for phones. The smaller one just has three phone/smoke slots.
They can be handy and work ok but I prefer to keep things simpler now.

The biggest thing I would like to create or buy would be a net-like structure for the sides. Above the wheel wheel looks like a perfect place to keep a roll of "shop wipes". On the sides, I'd love a cubbie that could hold a first-aid kit, jumper cables.
Good idea. How would you attach the net?

I was considering attaching these https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) to the inside of the cargo door to mount/hang my snow brush or shovel. Still working out if I should screw them into the liner or use some heavy duty Gorilla Tape on them.

I recommend using 3M Command strips. They use hook-and-loop (velcro), and they can easily be removed without leaving behind any residue. There are different widths of strips that can accommodate up to 4lbs on the smallest strip, and up to 16lbs on the largest. We used the large strips to mount our curtain rods to the wall, then hung heavy curtains off of them without issues.

I’ve used this technique on many vehicles. I normally use a black basket but it didn’t show well so I substituted this identical but light-colored one for the photo. The bungees have hooks which attach to the factory loops and hold the basket well - plus they can be removed or reinstalled in seconds. Cheap and flexible for holding groceries etc, you could use a larger or smaller basket as required.

27E4EDF0-E980-46AA-979E-CDE95CAA4FAF.jpeg

I picked this up last year. It seems costco doesn't offer it anymore. It matches the 3d MaxPider mats I have on the floors. I have it to one side in the back area and it doesn't take up too much room.

1630076056640.png

1630075952314.png

Back