stivine6's 2001 Mazda Protege Build

hey that's awesome. Did she get a hold of you guys or did you guys have to find her?

It's tough driving a car... the first few seconds after you get behind the wheel are always the most accident prone ya know?

Damn, sorry to see but glad it's going to be fixed. Hopefully the lady gets destroyed by insurance.

I hate when people do that and just drive away that sucks man same thing happen to me just not that bad they busted the left side turn light and scratch the new paint! Good luck with the repairs!

Holy s***!! Im sorry to see this bro...so much work put into it and then destroyed :( I would hate it if that happens to me man...:( But are you gonna get the same msp bumper back ?

thanks for all the concern guys Everything should be okay i should get the car back by friday with all oem parts. As for the woman hitting my car, she called back maybe about 15 minutes later to our enterprise rental branch and left her number for me to call. She was lucky i'm a nice person or i would've reported her for hit and run, but i gave her a chance to pay up. We even had an argument over the estimate given by my chosen shop but i kept my cool most of the time to try and save her ass. But it worked out in the end and she paid me for the damages plus rental.

Video of what happened

So here's what happened

Hits my car around 18 second mark, gets out at 45 seconds, checks my car and then drives off.

Update

It's been a while since i updated my thread

Not much has changed, got back the car on august 27th and i was very happy with the work, big bonus were the headlights

A few pics of the new front end, most of you have seen it already at KC

sfwo.jpg

swhh.jpg

p3ux.jpg

Besides that I've changed a few small things on the car to keep me entertained. My main focus has been to keep the car clean and keep it running strong, its as 245,8xx km and no major issues so far. Also trying my best to upkeep with the rust on these cars and keeping it at a minimal, love this car!

Added few small misc things

Cruise control brackets
03 cupholders + console
tiptronic shifter (manual mode does not work)
MSP seats
Third brake light flasher

i3wi.jpg

1fxq.jpg

l5hd.jpg

7fhs.jpg

wash, clar bar, polish, and wax with collinite 845
70oc.jpg

Video clip of my third brake flasher

Things to do

Left rear wheel bearing
Corrosion Free rustproofing

Last edited:
Looks awesome... How did you get it to flash, very interested in doing as well

thank you :)

I purchased the third brake light module off Thuzil which just plugs into your existing harness and tadaa

thought it would come in handy in bad weather and for people to be aware but overall it just looks badass

Car looks awesome bro..:D i love it looks so clean :D...I myself got me some msp seats as well but i havent updated my thread yet...barely have time now..congrats bro.

thank you :)

I purchased the third brake light module off Thuzil which just plugs into your existing harness and tadaa

thought it would come in handy in bad weather and for people to be aware but overall it just looks badass

That's what I was thinking, plus I've seen the newer dodges have them and thought they were badass... Any idea where I can pick one up?

Car looks awesome bro..:D i love it looks so clean :D...I myself got me some msp seats as well but i havent updated my thread yet...barely have time now..congrats bro.

Thanks man, i feel ya with work right now i don't have as much time to enjoy my car. When i got those small misc parts i was already super excited like a little kid :p

Keep us updated on your build, sick ride!

That's what I was thinking, plus I've seen the newer dodges have them and thought they were badass... Any idea where I can pick one up?

yeah i would say its for safety anyways, i've reduced the duration of the flashes in case people get annoyed so now it flashes 4 times in about 1.5 seconds. Contact Thuzil, he's on the forum

hey stivine6 how far/much did you cut the lip to fit the fogs? ive seen a few other pics from others and it doesnt look like they sit right. could you post a front pic so i can see how it looks too puleeezzz i have a lip i want to mount on my p5 but not sure how much to cut

hey stivine6 how far/much did you cut the lip to fit the fogs? ive seen a few other pics from others and it doesnt look like they sit right. could you post a front pic so i can see how it looks too puleeezzz i have a lip i want to mount on my p5 but not sure how much to cut

You have to cut the lip a good inch or so, i can get pics of my front tomorrow night but its really just trial and error process with a dremel

Had my car rust proofed today, rear brakes done, and LF endlink replaced under warranty. Car is in tip top shape now :) all it's missing is a new windshield

b440.jpg

vyx7.jpg

kil7.jpg

ah good ol rust proofing, now you just need to drive down a dusty road to cover it in a layer of dirt so that it does a bit more protection.

ah good ol rust proofing, now you just need to drive down a dusty road to cover it in a layer of dirt so that it does a bit more protection.

haha dam right! Whether such an old car needs rustproofing or not i feel 100% knowing that there is some protection especially with canadian salty roads. My car might have high KM's but the body is in dam good shape for its age. I do my best to keep it that way including packing grease into my fenders + fender lips. Over the past 2 years i've had this car the rust hasn't progressed much at all, i'm sure if i haven't been doing what i do the rust would have gone through my fenders by now.

haha dam right! Whether such an old car needs rustproofing or not i feel 100% knowing that there is some protection especially with canadian salty roads. My car might have high KM's but the body is in dam good shape for its age. I do my best to keep it that way including packing grease into my fenders + fender lips. Over the past 2 years i've had this car the rust hasn't progressed much at all, i'm sure if i haven't been doing what i do the rust would have gone through my fenders by now.

Where do you go to rustproof your car? And what kind of grease are you packing into your fenders?

i just went to a local mechanic i forgot which brand rustproofing but ill check next time i go in for an oil change which should be soon. I packed mystik low temp grease, very thick and very durable. I'm pretty sure it saved this protege from severe rust especially here in toronto. A lot of guys in the club have rust problems but i had very little in comparison even though i had one of the highest mileage proteges in the club

Back