2013~2016 Stiff brake pedal after sitting for awhile

craigo

Contributor
:
2014 CX-5 GT FWD, 2015 Mazda 3 Touring
So the pedal on my 2014 (built Jan 13) now stiffens up a lot after sitting overnight. I can push it in a nudge to start the engine and that's about it. I'm guessing this is some kind of slow vacuum leak draining the booster. No issues with starting the engine and it performs normally after doing so.

Wondering if this is something that needs fixing or if it can hang for awhile. I'm hoping to trade it in in about a year. Thoughts?

Has it ever had any brake service, like a flush or bleeding fluid? Are the wheels caked with ice? Clean calipers?

Our 2019 GTR does the same thing. In the morning the brake pedal will barely move, just enough to trigger the green light for the start. All though the day it's fine. Our 2016 Touring doesn't do it.

Does it only do it in cold weather or all the time?

I'm assuming you have no problems during the day. If so I'd just live with it.

Our 2019 GTR does the same thing. In the morning the brake pedal will barely move, just enough to trigger the green light for the start. All though the day it's fine. Our 2016 Touring doesn't do it.

Does it only do it in cold weather or all the time?

I'm assuming you have no problems during the day. If so I'd just live with it.

It's only started doing it recently during cool weather (though here in Texas, sometimes its over 80 degrees on random winter days). I was thinking it could be related and clear up when warmer temps are more reliable, but it still does it on those warm days.

It's only started doing it recently during cool weather (though here in Texas, sometimes its over 80 degrees on random winter days). I was thinking it could be related and clear up when warmer temps are more reliable, but it still does it on those warm days.
Yes, ours does it everyday regardless of weather. If I remember I'll mention it when I take it in for service next month. See what Mazda says.

Mine does it and has almost from the beginning. I took it to the dealer twice and they did not keep it long enough to replicate the problem. Said it was normal. Since it never gives trouble otherwise, I keep driving it. Mine usually takes 2 nights to lose vacuum.

So the pedal on my 2014 (built Jan 13) now stiffens up a lot after sitting overnight. I can push it in a nudge to start the engine and that's about it. I'm guessing this is some kind of slow vacuum leak draining the booster. No issues with starting the engine and it performs normally after doing so.

Wondering if this is something that needs fixing or if it can hang for awhile. I'm hoping to trade it in in about a year. Thoughts?
Ensure not to slip the Blue Pill in while pumping gas.

Back