Stereo wiring help.. In-line fuse holder..

mykflo

So yesterday I cleaned my Corksport intake and might have bumped my "in line fuse holder".. now the stereo cuts off. I go in and push in the wires towards each other and the stereo turns on... then turns off a few seconds later. Could it turn off because of too much wattage or is it just loose wiring? any suggestions?

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having a similar problem on my 2 with the radio working sometimes and cutting out or making popping noises while the radio is on out off. Seems like a loose wire, I just don't know where to start looking.

Yes the fuse was messed up. The metal was not making contact at the ends anymore. Went to pep boys and picked up a new fuse never had a problem since. Do you an aftermarket system or stock?

Ah. I assume that's aftermarket fuse holder.
I think I found my problem though. Apparently my 2yr old daughter had put some coins in the CD slot. They weren't in the drive itself, but on the space below it on the PC-board. I am thinking they were shorting stuff out by contacting the pins on board since it was the backside of the circuit board. Opened up the stereo housing and got the coins out and it seems to be working now. But it was an intermittent problem, so I won't know until I drive the car a little more. Hopefully that's all it was.

Back