stereo setup...

SurlySays

:
2011 Mazda2 Touring
has anyone installed subs or anything into they're M2 yet? if so would you mind posting pics of your setup... im interested to see what others have done, all i have done is added a bazooka tube, ill take a pic next time im in the hatch and post it!

I have a 12 inch sub enclosure and amp in the trunk, I will post pics later when I'm off work.

I'd actually like to add some bass, is there a way that you can just add an amp and sub without putting in a new stereo etc? When I put subs in my stratus, I put in a deck too etc, but is that necessary?

If anyone could provide simple instructions, and suggestions of what to buy I'd appreciate it! I'd really like to get some bass in this car!

Josh. You would need a line output converter. It splices into the wiring of your speakers and then through RCA cables, it connects to the amp you're using. For our cars, I would suggest getting an Infinity Basslink setup. It's amp and sub in one and puts out pretty decent sound. I had one in a CRV a couple years ago. Crutchfield has them with wiring kit for, I think, $200 and that line output is around $20. Just my 2 cents.

+1 to the BassLink. I've had one for 10 years now, still going strong. I first installed it in my Chrysler Cirrus (Josh, the similarities between us are becoming a bit disturbing, lol), then in our Mazda 3 (which my wife drives now). Nice and compact, plenty of bass, and well-made.

Sorry for the delay. here's my setup
I built a shelf for about 20 bucks. It's ultra light plywood wrapped with black felt. There's 2 vertical planks to keep it steady and keep the base from moving. Also the Base blocks my trunk light so I put in an LED light on the shelf. I don't use my car to really carry anything since I have a F150 for that so having room is not a concern of mine.

Here's the Nav, I have a spare Iphone attached to it to be a music device. You can kind of see it off to the bottom, I have it mounted next to the glove box.
WP_000488.jpg

Here's the blutooth and base control
WP_000489.jpg

Here's the base and trunk space
WP_000482.jpg

Another angle. With the LED light and planks.
WP_000484.jpg

here's the amp, I attached it to the back of the enclosure box because it was too long to fit under my seat.
WP_000486.jpg

Last edited:
Back