Stereo Installation on 2015 Mazda6 with BOSE (need help!)

Hi there,

I have a 2015 Mazda 6 with BOSE speakers and built-in navigation. I want Apple Carplay in the car but I would have to replace the stereo entirely. I have found a few promising ones online (I'll link them below) that my dad can install for me. However, I know that the BOSE system can make these things a little complicated so I wanted to come on here and ask if anyone has done this before and has any tips regarding finding a stereo system that adapts well with the BOSE speaker system.

Here are the ones I found and liked.

Thank you guys!

Boss is junk. Avoid.
Pioneer and Kenwood are fine. I personally run Kenwoods in my cars: my CX-5 has a DDX8905S, my MZ5 has a DDX8706S, and I have a DMX7705S in my Silverado.

In that general price range, you may want to look at this JVC, because it offers iDataLink Maestro compatibility. The Maestro will allow you to have full gauges, right on your radio!

If Crutchfield tries to tell you that the Maestro doesn't work with the Mazda6, they're wrong, it works perfectly. Go directly to the Maestro website and see for yourself. I have the Maestro in both my MZ5 and CX-5, despite what Crutchfield initially told me. I talked to one of their advisors, who was surprised, and after that, he himself talked to iDataLink, and they confirmed that Yup, works perfect. No idea why Crutchfield still hasn't updated their website to show this.

Back