Help needed with Aftermarket Stereo Installation in 2015 CX-5 GT (Bose System)

I recently purchased a 2015 CX-5 GT and decided to upgrade the OEM radio stereo to an aftermarket one from Amazon for a better navigation system. However, I've run into some issues with the audio, and I believe it's related to the Bose amplifier in the car.

Car Details:

• Make/Model: 2015 Mazda CX-5 GT
  • Factory Audio: Bose System
Aftermarket Stereo Details:

• Make/Model: Junsun Car Radio Stereo for Mazda CX5 2013 2014 2015 2016 with Bluetooth GPS Apple CarPlay Andriod Auto
  • Wiring Harness Used: See picture (I have also plugged and unplugged the Audio L/R in/out, but the issue persists..)
After installing the new stereo, I realized there's no sound coming from the car. Upon further research, I found out that my car has a Bose amplifier, and the harness doesn't seem to support it. I saw a YouTube video where someone merged the blue/white cable (amp) with the red cable (power) to get power, but my harness doesn't come with a blue/white cable.

1. Has anyone successfully upgraded the radio stereo in a 2015 CX-5 GT with the Bose system?
  2. Is there a specific wiring solution or adapter I should be using to ensure the aftermarket stereo works with the Bose amplifier?
  3. Are there any settings on the aftermarket stereo that I might have missed related to the Bose system?

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you can provide, especially considering the lack of response from the seller. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• WhatsApp 2023-11-30,19.32.03_35a4f26e.jpg
    WhatsApp 2023-11-30,19.32.03_35a4f26e.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
First piece of advice: send that piece of junk radio back.
Seriously, it's trash. Get yourself a name brand stereo from Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, or Sony.
If you get it from Crutchfield, they will supply you with everything you need to either use or bypass the factory amp.

Upvote 0
First piece of advice: send that piece of junk radio back.
Seriously, it's trash. Get yourself a name brand stereo from Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, or Sony.
If you get it from Crutchfield, they will supply you with everything you need to either use or bypass the factory amp.
While the current aftermarket stereo does have some solid features like accurate GPS, rear camera, Bluetooth, and seamless steering control integration, I'm keeping my options open. I'm exploring the possibility of getting an adapter or a different harness that's compatible with the Bose system.

I appreciate your suggestion to go with a name-brand stereo. It's something I'm weighing, especially considering I have a two-month window to make a decision to return the stuff lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Update:
Connected the AMP cable with 12V power, the sound is back, but now the sound is super loud with noticeable hissing, even at low volumes. Suspecting the power gain might be too high. Any suggestions on how to modify settings for a balanced and distortion free sound?

Upvote 0
This is where you messed up: you are feeding the Bose amp with low Z speaker level inputs. You can't do that. The Bose amp, like pretty much every amp, expects to see a high Z input. That is, it wants to be fed from the head unit's RCA jacks.

Do that, and your issues should go away.

Upvote 0
I just swapped out the POS 2015 HU with an AliExpress android unit. Lots of frustration followed but now it is in place.

The above poster is correct: your volume is super loud because the HU is sending high power signal out and it is getting re-amplified. I wired in a Scosche OEA-4 line converter into the wiring harness and with the dials adjusted to about 1-2 o'clock on the dial my sound is much more normal. A cheap and easy fix.

Upvote 0
I just swapped out the POS 2015 HU with an AliExpress android unit. Lots of frustration followed but now it is in place.

The above poster is correct: your volume is super loud because the HU is sending high power signal out and it is getting re-amplified. I wired in a Scosche OEA-4 line converter into the wiring harness and with the dials adjusted to about 1-2 o'clock on the dial my sound is much more normal. A cheap and easy fix.
Those "Pure Android" Chinesium things are junk. I know, because I loved the idea of them so much, I tried 3 different ones.

I run a Kenwood Excelon Android Auto now, and holy cow are they awesome stereos.

Upvote 0

I’m facing the same problem after swapping the stock HU in my 2014 cx5 with bose system for an AliExpress Android unit. Could you share some more details on this converter and how to wire it to the radio?

Upvote 0
Back