Steering Wheel Vibration

There's a web site someplace that has locations of those Roadforce balance machines.

It doesn't seem like it should be necessary to go to the expense but it might work.

Hi All,
Just a quick question about steering wheel vibration. Now, I could be just paranoid, but lately my 2019 CX 5 with 4k miles on it seems to have a very slight vibration feeling in the steering wheel. Seems to happen at 55 mph and I never noticed it before. If I take my hands off of the wheel, I can't actually see it moving and I think it actually comes and goes. I was actually thinking it might be road conditions since the roads here in Naples FL seem to be quite bumpy.

Anyway, just wondering if this is "normal" or should I take it in to get checked.

Thanks,
Matt
Hey Matt. Did you ever figure out what the cause was? I am having the exact same issue that you are describing on my 2023 CX5 Carbon Edition with 21,000 miles and came across this old thread and wondering if you ever figured out the cause. Thanks!

Hey Matt. Did you ever figure out what the cause was? I am having the exact same issue that you are describing on my 2023 CX5 Carbon Edition with 21,000 miles and came across this old thread and wondering if you ever figured out the cause. Thanks!
He said it wasn't the car, it was the roads.

Yeah:

@Ingridt it could be your tires. Check for uneven wear, or post a pic of the fronts. Uneven tire wear can cause vibration.

Hi All,
Just a quick question about steering wheel vibration. Now, I could be just paranoid, but lately my 2019 CX 5 with 4k miles on it seems to have a very slight vibration feeling in the steering wheel. Seems to happen at 55 mph and I never noticed it before. If I take my hands off of the wheel, I can't actually see it moving and I think it actually comes and goes. I was actually thinking it might be road conditions since the roads here in Naples FL seem to be quite bumpy.

Anyway, just wondering if this is "normal" or should I take it in to get checked.

Thanks,
Matt
Naples eh? I grew up there, graduated from Lely High. I was in the first graduating class from Lely back when it was brand new! I attended Naples High one year then off the Lely. I met my wife down there, back in 1975. Damn, that's a LONG time ago!!!

Anyways, I have, and have had for a long time, the same issue with my CX but it only happens on one road that I travel frequently. Since the issue doesn't happen elsewhere, I attribute it to how this particular road was surfaced. I can feel this strangeness on this road while driving my other vehicles on this road too, including my motorcycle.

Back