Starting Over

Haha, it comes with any conversation with me.

Yes, that's the problem I fixed. Go back and read a little to get full understanding of what went on, I think I explained things as good as I could.

..oh, and I spoke too soon! Of course, I got a nice fuel cut AND my tb inlet was blowing up and popping off. I got stuck in a bad neighborhood, boo! But all is fixed..

Please tell me you're not driving the car with it pissing fuel everywhere.

Dammit, no!

It is fixed, I said this.. >.<

I was referring to the night when I "fixed it" and it was spewing all over the place. I lost a ton of fuel then, I had meh gas light on.

Oh yuno, doing it all wrong, so you say.

Just driving it. *shrugs* Nothing bad happened the plug was apparently loose and when I went in boost boom, popped off. I just don't understand how the plug was loose since I haven't touched them. The only thought I have is the shop who had the car but yea, I derno. When I drove it from the shop there were no problems, maybe over time it just got more and more loose, no clue. Tis all fixed now but it was a pretty rad sound.

BTW, of course you aren't going to find problems like these because it's not the car.

k-lea said:
Oh yuno, doing it all wrong, so you say.

Just driving it. *shrugs* Nothing bad happened the plug was apparently loose and when I went in boost boom, popped off. I just don't understand how the plug was loose since I haven't touched them. The only thought I have is the shop who had the car but yea, I derno. When I drove it from the shop there were no problems, maybe over time it just got more and more loose, no clue. Tis all fixed now but it was a pretty rad sound.

BTW, of course you aren't going to find problems like these because it's not the car.

What did that sound like.. i might have the same issue with my msp.. still trouble shooting

Well, you'd definitely know if a plug was loose. CEL was on and I didn't care to check it. The whole weekend I drove the s*** out of the car and then this morning it felt really sluggish. It started off with a clicking noise (probably from being loose) then when I put it in boost the whole entire thing just blew off. Of course you hear a clacking noise and a big bang. It hit my hood, so that's where the bang came from. The cars idle was all out of whack and I just pulled over to find the plug and the wire on the other side of the bay with the other plug (where those two connect) sparking.

The car still feels a little odd but I think my TB inlet is coming loose again. I haven't checked it. I came home and went to work in the truck.

There was a hose coming off on the intake, so yea. Fixed. But in the midst of all this I did a compression test..yeaaaaa. Went to car-part.com to check out engines, found a 2005 for $3,000. *gasp*

IF I get a new engine, it won't be the Mazdaspeed one, obviously. I don't want to blow 3k. Bye bye wrinkle red. :(

Last edited:
k-lea said:
There was a hose coming off on the intake, so yea. Fixed. But in the midst of all this I did a compression test..yeaaaaa. Went to car-part.com to check out engines, found a 2005 for $3,000. *gasp*

IF I get a new engine, it won't be the Mazdaspeed one, obviously. I don't want to blow 3k. Bye bye wrinkle red. :(

...Reuse the valve cover?

The MSM engine is just a bone-stock '99 BP-Z3. With the right intake manifold you could use an even cheaper BP-4W but you'd lose that '99 head.

In other news I've ran my BP-4W with LITERALLY no oil in it around the block and it still starts everyday. I insit you are doing something wrong.

k-lea said:
Well, you'd definitely know if a plug was loose. CEL was on and I didn't care to check it. The whole weekend I drove the s*** out of the car and then this morning it felt really sluggish. It started off with a clicking noise (probably from being loose) then when I put it in boost the whole entire thing just blew off. Of course you hear a clacking noise and a big bang. It hit my hood, so that's where the bang came from. The cars idle was all out of whack and I just pulled over to find the plug and the wire on the other side of the bay with the other plug (where those two connect) sparking.

The car still feels a little odd but I think my TB inlet is coming loose again. I haven't checked it. I came home and went to work in the truck.

Thanks... my CEL could have been on.. My oil pressure was at nil and i didnt notice that soo.. im a tard...

thanks for the info

pluto316 said:
...Reuse the valve cover?

The MSM engine is just a bone-stock '99 BP-Z3. With the right intake manifold you could use an even cheaper BP-4W but you'd lose that '99 head.

In other news I've ran my BP-4W with LITERALLY no oil in it around the block and it still starts everyday. I insit you are doing something wrong.
*nods* I know the MSM engine is just a regular ole miata engine with a turbo slapped on it, hence me saying I wouldn't get one..

I'm not that upset about the cover. It was more of a sarcastic statement. I could always be different and put something new together to avoid being like all the other MSM's out there. ;)

Last edited:
Back