2013~2016 Starter Issue?

I have a 2015 CX-5 with 330,000km and recently it’s been slow to crank. It always starts but the last time it did this a few years back it ended up being a bad battery. I took my battery in to be tested and it tested good by two separate testers.

I have followed all of the cabling and everything looks like it’s in good shape with no corrosion (vehicle has always been oil sprayed).

Any chance my starter is beginning to wear out? Seems uncommon for our vehicles. Any suggestions?

Cold weather reduces battery output and increases torque to turn over motor...

I have a 2015 CX-5 with 330,000km and recently it’s been slow to crank. It always starts but the last time it did this a few years back it ended up being a bad battery. I took my battery in to be tested and it tested good by two separate testers.

I have followed all of the cabling and everything looks like it’s in good shape with no corrosion (vehicle has always been oil sprayed).

Any chance my starter is beginning to wear out? Seems uncommon for our vehicles. Any suggestions?
How old is your battery?

The battery is 3 years old but still has more than enough CCA according to the test (Battery is rated at 640, but test showed 716 CCA)

I'd go with battery, usually starter problems are dead spots where you crank and get nothing then the bendix moves you hit a good spot and it starts.

Slow cranking is indicative of a weak battery. Battery tests can be deceiving.

Take it to a shop and let them try a new battery.

I agree with wlong01. Start with a known good (new) battery. It ought to spin it right over.
You mentioned oil spraying. I'd make sure to remove and inspect all cable connection points for cleanliness, including the engine block to frame ground cable as it's the other half of the circuit that tends to be forgotten. Then proceed to suspect starter.

Back