Start-X Remote Start Downgraded Infotainment

Hey all,

Not sure what firmware my infotainment was on before I installed the remote start (I think it ended in 100), but now it is:

70.00.335 NA N

I'm really not a fan of the instrument cluster having two fuel gauges, for one thing.

Can I update this myself somehow? Start-X claims upgrading back to the newest firmware shouldn't break the remote start.

Thanks!

You can change your display cluster. Installing a remote start would have nothing to do with your infotainment firmware.

I don’t think upgrading the infotainment software version changes the gage cluster… what has changed that you liked before and now isn’t the same ? Can you post a picture of your gage cluster?

So, where there used to be Trip A MPG and Current MPG on the left of the speedometer, and miles remaining and compass heading to the right. Now it has two… gauges. The left shows current MPG the right shows miles remaining.

Ok. According to the manual pressing and holding the selector knob changes the gages on both side of the speedometer. I am not sure what the selector knob is, my guess is maybe the little knob on the actual gage cluster ( the one that used to be used to reset the odometer on holder cars).
1643326617944.png

Pressing info on the steering wheel changes the info in the middle of the display, but not the gages on both side.

1643326693460.png

Back