Stance GR+ Pictures and review

Biggu

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3/92 Lexus SC300 + BOOST
Hello all,

these finally arrived at my door step after much anticipation

As stated these are the Stance GR+ coilovers for a 2007-2009 Mazda 3/ Mazdaspeed 3.

First impressions are they are beefy! I was very excited to see they include front camber plates. I will do a full review of them after tonight but I wanted to show you guys the quick pictures of them

MSRP is $1395

* Adjustment Knob15-Way Damping Adjustable
* Upper Pillowball Bearing Adjustable Camber Uppermount
* Upper Pillowball Bearing Pillowball Uppermount
* Spring Cold Wound Linear Spring
* Monotube Inverted Monotube Shocks
* Dustboot
* Collar Aluminum Collars & Upper Mounts
* Bracket Height Adjustable Lower Bracket

Pictures of the units are as follows, any questions your free to ask me. Release date is just around the corner. not sure on the exact date but I believe units have been shipped to various vendors. My set was sent directly from Stance for demo purposes.

Please visit http://stance-usa.com/ for more info if needed(not listed on the website just yet)
DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

these are all the pictures I had time for. install tonight!

Man I can't wait to hear about these, hopefully these are worth the extra money over BC's because I hear mixed reviews about them, and don't like the other CO's for different reasons. Hopefully these are the take all.

aight guys heres some more detailed pictures of them on but none on the car at the moment. Ride is damn amazing on these. I will say stance did an excellent job with spring rates and valving on them. ride goes from stock ish feel to firm. Definitely feels like the car is on rails driving and turning. however being that these are first runs there are things that will need to be changed or addressed. currently with the kit, they go from the bolt style upper mount on the stock to bolt style but they don't include extra bolts. rears on the car are great, top mount has to be transferred from the rear shock over however you need to cut the stock bump stop off the top mount. next issue I found is where the bottom of the stance mounts to the rear knuckle they have made the bottom pillow mount not wide enough causing a small clunk when going over low speed bumps etc... its not bad if you make your own fillers so it doesn't move around ill be bringing up these issues so hopefully they can come up with a solution

the last issue I have found that is going to break alot of people heart is how low they go. I have the fronts and rears currently as low as they go and I still have a 1 finger gap, however this is still un settled gap and it should change as it all settles down.

this is just a eh late night first ride review, as the week goes on and changes progress ill go over everything with you guys in hopes of covering every question you have about these.

all in all though they ride AMAZING. im so happy I have them. when I get some more pictures ill go over everything and have pictures of it on the car and settled.

here are the pictures.
DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0385.jpg

Good info bud! It's nice to have guys like you give us input on potential products we may want to purchase. How hard is it to adjust the damper setting... it looks like you do it from the bottom of the shocks on the rears.?.?

They adjust from the tops the dampening that is. And i do believe they adjust height from the bottom collar

Last edited:
I wouldn't complain about a one finger gap, IMO thats low enough.. those are more for performance instead of looks...and I doubt there will be much settling with linear rate springs. Congrats on the purchase..those are super sexy!

dampening on the rears is actually on the top of the rears and the fronts are at the very bottom. ill have more pictures of them on the car some time this week.

Does anyone have any access to damper dyno plots for Stance's products??

These sure look pretty, but I'd like more details as to how the valving was chosen and I'm always a bit weary of products that don't fit properly off-the shelf, first-run or not...

How could they have done the proper testing to make sure that they got the valving/spring rates right if they don't even realize that they fundamentally changed how the front upper mounts attach to the car (as you said they didn't include nuts for the bolts on the top mounts) or when they have design oversights that cause "a small clunk when going over low speed bumps etc..."?

Color me skeptical, to say the least... (dunno)

Yeah, I'd want to see the same info. But if they turn out to fix the issues, and the valving/damping is good, damn that is a nice set of coilovers. Reasonable too.... since I refuse to buy the BC's, and the next set up is 2 stacks.

Back