SS AFC Install How-To

i did it in 2 days. I opened everything up and sorted out the wires. Tie wrapped everything then went to bed. The next day after work (at 6PM) i started cutting and installing. Took me about 2hs from that point to finished.

so you dont have to load in the supermap it comes with the ss afc right? just hook it up and ur good to go til u get a tune?

ya, as long as you got it from PG, or someone that says they do that.. if you want, or if you feel like checking out the software, you can always connect it and upload the map thats on there from the afc.. but ya it should be on there

it did, they were takin off a while ago, either to save space or link that the pics were on shut down, don't remember

I could take some pics prob. in a little bit and post them up, it wouldn't be the install pics but it would be of how I have things set up, everything else is pretty easy

it did, they were takin off a while ago, either to save space or link that the pics were on shut down, don't remember

I could take some pics prob. in a little bit and post them up, it wouldn't be the install pics but it would be of how I have things set up, everything else is pretty easy

That would be awesome if you could do that!

ya I can't promise it would be tomorrow, I will see but it depends on what I end up having to do, but I will keep it in mind, I would like to solder the wires anyways sometime soon.. just so damn busy with graduation then going on a bio trip for 10 days after graduation next weekend...but ya..I'll get it done

second the 'awesome' motion! thanks for any help man, and a great how-to to begin with!! :D ill install my afc/tc soon

Ok ill be putting my SSAFC in tomorrow so ill post up some pics on how I have it set up.

lol ya sorry guys I just was really busy, and I ended up not soldering the connections yet, but I do have another ssafc to install into my brother's msp, so once I get around to that, I will take some pics just to add to anything that will be posted here, just need to get my fmic kit all set on my car first, damn bumper doesn't fit the way it is right now, so gotta get creative (gah)

I really was hoping there were pictures in this thread too. Can't seem to get my unit working right and even though I've checked over my wiring multiple times I want to looks at pictures to compare!

it's almost impossible to mess up the wiring.. I would think, what is wrong with it, and look at the links in the SSAFC tuning library, they have the wiring diagram in there on the first page.. that's better than any actual pics

Nope, I would double check all of your connections and make sure the super stock map is loaded.

Back