Squeaking CX-5

inlinev

:
2016 CX-5 GT w/tech FWD
Anyone experiencing a brief squeaky noise when first driving on a cold start? My wife is experiencing a noise similar to the one in the video? She says she isn't on the brakes when it happens. And the noise goes away completely after 45 seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnzZJiPYUw

P.s. Not my video but thanks to whoever posted it

Last edited:
I've got it too. Mine also does it while light breaking. Mine does it all the time, not just during a cold start.

From video, it sounded like squeaking front brakes. Take front tires off and check.

Brakes. Fairly normal. Remember that these pads are probably ceramic/low dust, and as such are rather hard and prone to it.

Same sound after 12,000 miles. Dealer says "could not duplicate problem".

Only at slow speeds, say under 10mph

It's not brake squeal. Never happens when using the brakes at all.

We are still experiencing it as well.

I'd be curious to know what the dealer says, though I assume you will get the generic "cannot duplicate" message...

That's odd, my brakes are as silent as it gets. Never peeped once except for when I had a small stone caught between the pad and disc. It self-ejected in a few miles. It made a light scraping noise for a few minutes.

Any fix to this issue? I have the same issue. I usually hear it coming from a stop without stepping on the brakes. I brought it 3 times to the dealer but unfortunately they could not duplicate the noise. They just visually inspected it and told me everything is fine and keep on monitoring it. I am planning to visit a different dealer.

The dealer has replaced every single component to the brake system (behind the tires), and they still squeak 80% of the time.

Back