Sputtering

msp97

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
My msp has been sputtering bad recently. It started a few months ago and wasn't to bad. The car was stock. After I did some bolt ons (catless exhaust, Sri intake, and ic pipes) it became unbearable. It stumbles starting at about 3500-4000 rpms and continues. I've been frantically searching for answers. Last night I reset the ecu and took it for a drive and it didn't sputter or stumble at all. Today I took it out again and it started doing it again. I am assuming I need a tune but I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated.

If that was the case wouldn't it still sputter right after I reset the ecu?

I dont know if what i did was the best way but it.worked... i pulled out my.plugs to see if they were not sparking..
Then i put them back in the coilpack and cranked the car... cant remeber if i unpligged something.to not start car... i would google it too just incase

Update.... I have the iridium plugs in right now that are gapped at .042 and the stock ones are $17 a piece. Also this morning my friend notice a small bit of white smoke out of my tail pipe whenever I stepped on it. It smells to me like oil and and a bit of fuel from running rich. I have monitored my coolant and oil levels. I topped off my coolant and oil 3 weeks ago. Today I had to add maybe 3/4 of a quart of oil. The coolant level has maybe gone down a quarter of an inch in the reservoir. Could I have bad turbo seals or could the issue be worse???? Also I have put about a thousand miles on the car in that period of time. Driven it a lot.

jypepaha.jpg

Here is the underside of my turbo...

You have the wrong plugs, NGK ZFR76F plugs are available at the parts store for about $2 a piece and gap them.

I just replaced them today. No more sputtering. But I'm getting a small cloud of white smoke after letting of the gas in full boost.

Back