Spotted A Mazdaspeed Today!!!!!!

Limited Edition said:
what exact is a media car?...
is it for the automotive journalist to write up about?

test car?
I never knew limited production cars are avaliable for test drives. Especially when there is only expected 250 coming to Canada.

Would you or that guy who posted the spotting know whether or not the car is at Morningside Mazda or not?
I would like to take a visit to the dealer to see what my car is suppose to be like.
Shouldn't i have received a phone call about this car being in T.O?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Yes, that's what I call a media car.

It could be a "test car", but you must realize that when a car is seen in a situation like this before it goes to the sales lot, it means that those people who are test driving it are NOT THE GENERAL PUBLIC. They are most likely either Mazda officials, automotive journalists, safety inspectors, etc...
The fact that you are buying one doesn't make you special enough to receive the kind of attention that you're asking for.

I saw an Orange (which looked kind of like fusia) MazdaSpeed in downtown TO today. It had California licence plates, from far away they kind of looked like they could be Ontario ones, the plates that is.

I think it looked pretty awsome.

I guess we can make it official that the MAZDASPEED Protege is released and in Toronto. But not released to the public yet.

California licence plates?
:confused: I guess some from California already have this car already?

Would they release this car to the public in the U.S before Canda get its?

now now friend, lets settle ourselves....

I have my orange MS on order too, and like you I am getting very anxious and the more I tihnk about how far away october is, the more I wish i could just go give my dealer the coin and drive away in my car. I am certain that the car that has been spotted is just a media/test car. In the US, MAZDASPEED franchises havent even been fully established, registered, paid for, set up, whatever.........After that is done an MSRP should come in, along with final specs, I am hoping at the same time a couple magazines review the car. Then a more accurate release date will be set and the REAL thumb twiddling will begin.

I am in no way affiliated with mazda or any mazda dealership or anything in the entire auto industry for that matter. But I do not honestly believe that a car could be released in toronto at one dealership, while in the US, franchises havent been established, dealers dont know MSRPs or specs on the vehicle, nor do they know when they will be getting them, or how many, or ANYthing essentially. The fact that the spotted MS had CA plates even further confirms my thoughts as I assume that MAZDA NA/USA in irvine california or wherever registers the car so they can drive it sround so ppl can test it out. I do not believe, that there is a dealer in california who has these cars already, who is selling them already, and that one of the people who has bought one of these cars, has decided to up and drive it to canada first thing. I could be entirely wrong here, but these are just my thoughts:)

with regards to the color, i am anxious too. On the website and in the pamphlet in the dark tunnel like place the orange looks awesome, but one eyewitness posted here said it was "fushia like"? and if you watch the video on the mazdaspeed site (mazdausa.com/mazdaspeed) it looks light, like peachish in some shots as you can contrast it with the red tail lights. But I have a pic my dealer took at the NY auto show that shows a bright bright bold orange.

the wait continues....

The colour is NOT bright bold orange. It is definetly a mix of "peachish" and "fushia". Granted this was in very bright sunlight.

smaller.jpg

thats a photo my dealer took at a car show, not tryin to argue just wonderin what the deal is. peachish fushia sounds more like a weird car color than a badass/cool one.......sounds like some color they would come out with for 150 beetles or something

slug420...

where's the video from mazdausa.com/mazdaspeed?

I went there to check, and i can't seem to find it anywhere?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Please direct me..
thanks

http://www.mazdausa.com/mazdaspeed/

a window pops up.
click skip intro
then click on the orange "MAZDASPEED Protege" link in the text area.
Then when you move your cursor to the bottom of the window a menu will pop up with things like "donwloads" "interior" "exterior" etc....
one of them is "running footage"

i believe there is a thread about this video now, i guess someone just found it. To the best of my knowledge nothing on the mazdausa site has been updated with regards to the MS-P since like aprilish.....

Its a prototype. I saw a MS-P back in early may at the carlisle car show. It was a black one parked in one of the buildings.

It's Spicy Orange.:rolleyes: Why are people trying to make things confusing.:confused: If Mazda calls it Spicy Orange, well it's gonna be Spicy Orange. Picture seen over the internet will always show differently.

Gro Harlem said:
Its a prototype. I saw a MS-P back in early may at the carlisle car show. It was a black one parked in one of the buildings.

what does "its a prototype mean? do you mean the one seen in canadia was a prototype? or the one my dealer took a pic of at the auto show? and does that confirm the color as being accurate since it was a prototype? or mean the color may not be accurate because it was only a prototype?

APEXistud said:
It's Spicy Orange.:rolleyes: Why are people trying to make things confusing.:confused: If Mazda calls it Spicy Orange, well it's gonna be Spicy Orange. Picture seen over the internet will always show differently.

i dont understand what your opinion is either. I agree it will certainly be spicy orange but what is spicy orange? Pictures seen on the internet may show differently, so we can discard those, but the pictures in all printed material I have seen, and what my dealer has seen at the car show contradict what people have seen in canada. IMO spicy orange is a bright bold orange, does "spicy" somehow mean peachish with a touch of fushia to others?

manuel said:
:bs: :bs: :bs:

yep.

your calling bs on the truth? i have about 5 other people who went to that carshow and saw it. Ask ZoomZoomH or derrick1623...they all were there with me.

Kooldino was there too......May3-5th was the carshow.

I didn't really care since it didn't look like anything special. I got some pictures of its IC setup for someone who made a site about it, but thats about it.

Yup I saw the MS-P in black at Carlisle in May as well, decent looking car in it's super special black.. looked ready to be sent to the dealer.. had a real vin # too

I should've taken a closer look at it while I had the chance, I was paranoid the rep at that booth would come back from lunch or whatever while i was looking under the hood and think I was tinkering ;)

Also got a copy of grassroots motorsports magazine at the booth right next to it.

Last edited:
uhm i took PICTURES of a mazdaspeed, i REPRESENTED the mazda booth at the houston auto show which included a mazdaspeed, mazda 6. that is all. calm the FXXX down.

Black?!?!

Here's another sweet pic of the Mazdaspeed

MAZDASPEED.jpg

How do you go about placing an order for one of these?!?! What kinda down payment is required?? I would definetly trade my Pro5 for some more speed!!!

Mazdaspeed pictures???

Yeah I took some pictures of the black Mazdaspeed Protege when I went to Carlisle with Gro Harlem & Co.

here they are:

fdc0f798.jpg

fdc0f797.jpg

fdc0f796.jpg

fdc0f794.jpg

fdc0f793.jpg

yeah that's about it.... The rep at Carlisle said it was a PRE-production demo/press car....

While I still have no immediate plans of changing the wheels on my MP3 because I think they're so damn sexy, I think I would be forced to change the MS ones damn quick. They just don't do it for me.

Chris

reason why it looks "peachy" is b/c of the gold metallic shine to it

orange+yellow/gold=colours of a peach (excluding red) =)

Back