Sparkco Wires on a AT car

I know there has been a lot of talks on the Sparkco wires lately......but most of the people who talk about the advantage of these wires are in a MT car..........I want to get a set.....but I drive a AT..........would there be a difference ??

Being that the difference is so miniscule on a MT car, I dont think you'll notice much at all. I don't think anyone can TRUELY tell the difference with these on. Maybe a bit better response, but it is damned near impossible to notice a < 1HP gain...

Chris

The noticable gain with the Sparkco wires wasn't in horsepower or torque (though there is some) but in reduction of vibration and smoother engine revs.

Section 8 said:
The noticable gain with the Sparkco wires wasn't in horsepower or torque (though there is some) but in reduction of vibration and smoother engine revs.

I understand that there is no horsepower increase......But people with MT says that they feel the car is more smooth when they are down gearing, or shifting into 2nd..etc.........
But I drive an AT..........is there any point to change the wires ??

better mileage due to less "misfires" and a smoother idle. You'll gain less advantages than the MT, but you should still be pleased for $40 bones...figure you save $1-2 a month on gas (maybe), it pays for itself in less than a year... (I like to make myself feel better through rationalization, no matter how far fetched it is:)

Let me say, as the owner of both an AT Pro and SparkCo ignition wires, that you DO notice a difference. In the lower RPM ranges of 1st and 2nd gear, even on an automatic, you most likely get a small amount of hesitation/grumbling from the engine. No more after installing these wires. I hadn't even noticed anything until I had the perfectly clean, smooth sound of the engine winding up as opposed to the momentary hesitation I had before.

I recommend these even for an automatic, and "no" I don't work for SparkCo, although with the professionalism with which they do business (ship right away, very cordial, well-made product) I sure wouldn't mind!

my .02,
Josh :D

scott42 said:
$40 bones...figure you save $1-2 a month on gas (maybe), it pays for itself in less than a year... (I like to make myself feel better through rationalization, no matter how far fetched it is:)

It would help if your rationalization were internally consistent. Even at $2/month, that's only $24 in one year.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't buy the wires.

well, after having them now for a little while, i'm saving about $2 per tank (due to at least 30 more miles to each tank; running around 30mpg)...figure 3-4 tanks a month depending on driving, and that's 6-8 bones a month...5-6 months, paid for...even quicker if gas prices continue to rise...that should be "internally consistant" enough
:D :D :D

I am currently running denso plugs and magnecor wires and put together my auto runs much better over stock. Engine seems to shift better and smoother and my engine is also much quiter. If you change wires I would definitely change plugs. Hope this helps.

Back