Gauge wiring questions

Hello everyone
First the vehicle I'm working with is a 99 protege 1.6l 5speed
I've been attempting to find wiring pinouts for the instrument cluster because Ive swapped in a instrument cluster from a 03 protege 5

The 99 instrument cluster is BJ0H B
The 03 instrument cluster is BL8R

The cluster works for the most part except no high beam light, no tach and temp gauge reads maxed out

So I know I have to repin the connector a bit and add the tach signal from the ecu but I can't find reliable pinouts for the clusters to do it can anyone help

Hello everyone
I've been attempting to find wiring pinouts for the instrument cluster because Ive swapped in a instrument cluster from a 03 protege 5

The cluster works for the most part except no high beam light, no tach and temp gauge reads maxed out

So I know I have to repin the connector a bit and add the tach signal from the ecu but I can't find reliable pinouts for the clusters to do it can anyone help

I've got these diagrams for the 2002.5 Protégé5 cluster.
I have no idea about the 1999 1.6l.

Screenshot_20220723-143440_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220723-143506_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220723-143527_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220723-143540_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Hello everyone

you cannot swap a 99 cluster with any other year, it has to be 99 only. Mazda changed a bunch of s*** in 2000 and it's not backwards compatible. Even swapping a 01-03 cluster into a 2000 has problems

The cluster works for the most part except no high beam light, no tach and temp gauge reads maxed out.

Don't Use The Temperature Gauge on the Protégé5 cluster.

It's a dummy gauge and is F'-In useless.
It won't read hot until your head is warped.

Get an aftermarket temp gauge, or plug in the Torque App to watch your actual temperature.

Back