Spark plug question

_MSprotegy

:
03 MSP & 06 MS6
ok i was looking for parts for my MS6 and came across some ngk plugs that were 1 step colder but they were not iridiums. now my question is would the copper plugs work without messing anything up or does this car require the iridiums?

ok i was looking for parts for my MS6 and came across some ngk plugs that were 1 step colder but they were not iridiums. now my question is would the copper plugs work without messing anything up or does this car require the iridiums?

just buy the densos. they come already gapped for our cars. by the way i had ngk gapped right at .32 and i was popping like crazy at wot.

really. i am running the NGKs and i get no popping. oh well i guess ill just try the densos next time.

Because of the high combustion chamber temperatures that turbocharged cars run, copper and platinum spark plugs are highly discouraged. Iridium is the recommended element. On some turbo applications, people have reported that platinum and copper have actually melted in the combustion chamber.

The Denso Iridium plugs are recommended because of their factory gap/range .030-.031". The NGK Iridium plugs come from the factory at .044" or higher. It is highly recommended that you do not manipulate the gap of a spark plug more than .012" from its native/factory location. Doing so can compromise the conducive properties of the spark plug.

For more info, please visit the MS6 Spark Plug thread at this location:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123749775

if there is too much gap on the ngk's which there is, you'll get spark blow out and then misfire, thats the popping you hear.

thank you blendercloud that explains everything. but i do have something to say on that, my buddy runs copper plugs in his EVO at 22-30psi and has never had a problem with them in his car. then again he does run meth which cools down the temps of the boosted air. but yeah your explination makes alot more sence. i was just wondering if there were any other options other than iridiums for our cars.

thank you blendercloud that explains everything. but i do have something to say on that, my buddy runs copper plugs in his EVO at 22-30psi and has never had a problem with them in his car. then again he does run meth which cools down the temps of the boosted air. but yeah your explination makes alot more sence. i was just wondering if there were any other options other than iridiums for our cars.

how often does he change plugs... you can run copper you just need to swap them out for new ones more frequently, like every other oil change for example

... grain of salt

how often does he change plugs... you can run copper you just need to swap them out for new ones more frequently, like every other oil change for example

... grain of salt

true he does change them VERY often like every 3000 or so miles cause they foul out so often. but for the price compared to the iridiums i woouldnt mind having to change them out that often. that and my brother gets them cheap cause he works at and auto parts store.(headbang)

Back