Spark plug change for Mazda 2

Kenfalzon

Hi,
I'm having trouble locating the spark plugs for my 2005 Mazda 2. Does anyone know where they are located and whether this is a relatively easy and quick thing to do, or is best left to a mechanic?

Thanks

Ken

Find the valve cover, remove the spark plug wires(or coilpacks) there will be 4 of them. The spark plugs will be down in the engine. Its very easy to do. no reason to take it to a mechanic.

Youll need either a 3/8 spark plug socket or a 5/8 one as well as an extension.

Thanks, I know how to change an ordinary spark plug but I'm not that mechanically minded. And the engine of the Mazda 2 is so compact that it's really difficult to see whats under there. I've googled valve cover to see if I'm thinking of the same thing but the air filter seems to be occupying most of the space. Do I need to remove the air filter component to get to the valve cover?
I don't want to pull to many things apart!(boom08)
Ken

no. it really cant be that difficult. Anyway to take a picture of the engine bay? I can point out where the valve cover is.

Well here it is! Not sure that you can see that much but any help would be appreciated.
P1070510.JPG

the valve cover will be under the plastic pieces on the left of the mazda emblem. Those will have to be removed, and the valve cover will be directly under it.

Back