Sound system upgrade questions

Hello! I’m in the beginning stages of planning to rebuild my sound system in my CX-5. I have the Bose system and want to start from scratch. Should I use four speakers or replace all 8? Would the 8 be better? Thanks.

@Jwolfe94
To start:
Get a quality 4 channel amplifier (wire it in before the BOSE amp) to drive the following:

replace the front with 6.5" components (door / a pillar)
replace the rear doors with 5.5" coax
disconnect center speaker
turn off the BOSE functionality in the head unit

The doors are pretty well sound insulated; but I went ahead and did a dampening material around the front components (I'm running ~ 75 watts RMS).

Related reading:

The knowledge sharing document also has some information on subwoofer replacement choices should you choose to go down that path.

@Jwolfe94
To start:
Get a quality 4 channel amplifier (wire it in before the BOSE amp) to drive the following:

replace the front with 6.5" components (door / a pillar)
replace the rear doors with 5.5" coax
disconnect center speaker
turn off the BOSE functionality in the head unit

The doors are pretty well sound insulated; but I went ahead and did a dampening material around the front components (I'm running ~ 75 watts RMS).

Related reading:

The knowledge sharing document also has some information on subwoofer replacement choices should you choose to go down that path.
Thanks for the documents. When you said turn off the functionality in the head unit, did you mean replace it? Or is that a setting.

Back