Something more than a husky-liner?

tstex

Hey Guys,

I have two golden retrievers and even if I install a husky-type liner [plus queen fitted-sheets over the back and front of 2nd row seats], their hair still gets interwoven into the material in the back.

Does anyone have a fix/recommendation for this?

Thank you inadvance for your suggestions,
tstex

Hey Guys,

I have two golden retrievers and even if I install a husky-type liner [plus queen fitted-sheets over the back and front of 2nd row seats], their hair still gets interwoven into the material in the back.

Does anyone have a fix/recommendation for this?

Thank you inadvance for your suggestions,
tstex

Leave the dogs at home.

Use that plastic dealers use to protect carpets, it sticks to it like saran wrap.

Look at getting a hatch bag

Helllo All

I am new to this forum, just purchased my 9 a month ago.

I am purchasing a hatch bag, it covers the entire cargo area

Anyone triy the Hatchbag?

The Hatchbag looks interesting. Has anyone actually purchased it? How flexible is it when you need to use the 3rd row seats?

Last edited:
I have the hatchbag. you can get them custom made to fit. Mine is custom fit to fit with the third row down. I just will unhook it when I need to use the 3rd row. I rarely have used the 3rd row.

Mazda is coming out with a "Cargo Tray" that works with the 3rd row up or down. Looks promising. Accessory #0000-8D-N03

Where did you see this? I have been putting off buying something because I wanted something that I didn't have to remove and could be used and protect whether 3rd row was up or down.

Did a quick search for #0000-8D-N03 and found nothing, but I did find one cool thing. I know people were asking for this before, but why need it? Answer is us munchkins need access to our thule carriers and to be able to wash the damn roof. Part # 0000-88-STC9-TB and Mazda wants a mere $649.

cx9.jpg

Looks good...is this removeable or not? Also, I need something to protect the sides of the CX9 where there is felt. If dog hair gets on this, it gets interwoven somehow and is very difficult to remove/vacuum.

The cargo tray looks very promising.

Lindyrect, some people (not me) have been waiting for some sort of running board on the CX-9 for quite some time. Nice find!

Gave the part number to my buddy at Riverside Mazda and he told me that Mazda has not announced pricing yet to them, but the cargo tray is due to be in dealerships by mid to late January (at least here in California).

I told him I was interested in one as soon as they became available. He is going to let me know when he can get it and I will be paying employee pricing (cost plus 10%) on it as any other part I need...SCORE!

The new Mazda cargo tray looks promising. This is exactly what I've been holding out for. Looks even more versatile than the 2 piece option that Weathertech used to offer as it seems to accommodate the split in the 3rd row. Someone please post as soon as you get your hands on one with some pics and commentary.

i just called mazdagear.com as they have the new cargo tray up on their website. Steve in parts said that he could not look up the release date but he recommended to check back by the middle of next month. He is also assuming that it would be retrofitted for 2007-2009 CX-9 models, but couldnt say for sure. He did say that it comes in five peices, which is supported by the photo of it on mazdausa.com. i think i'm going to hold off on the weathertech cargo tray and wait to see what this new tray looks like.

Yup, just checked yesterday with my buddy...mid to late April. Don't hold your breath, Mazda keeps pushing it back.

Anyone know if it's compatible with pre-2010 models. Looks like it needs to be attached to the seat backs in some way. Do the 2010s have anything different from earlier models in this regard?

Back