Sold the CX-9

cccx9

:
CX-9 Touring
We sold our 08 this week to a private party. We liked the car a lot but like so many other people out there, we're trying to reduce car payments and increase savings. My wife will be getting some sort of used sedan to go to and from work. Our Yukon XL will be our family hauler.

I have enjoyed this forum a lot. It has been informative and helpful It is a mostly civil environment which is a big deal for me.

Thanks to everyone here!

Charles

...I have enjoyed this forum a lot. It has been informative and helpful It is a mostly civil environment which is a big deal for me.

Thanks to everyone here!

Charles

Some how I feel for you. These are tough times and a guy's got to do what he's got to do. I agree with you that the forum is maintained by mature minds...for the most part. Check in periodically anyway. Perhaps someday you will make your way back to another '9.

Best wishes to you and your family!

(2thumbs)(group)sorry to hear, but you always be a family member. just distant, good luck.

Some how I feel for you. These are tough times and a guy's got to do what he's got to do. I agree with you that the forum is maintained by mature minds...for the most part. Check in periodically anyway. Perhaps someday you will make your way back to another '9.

Best wishes to you and your family!

Yeah after I removed all of the car seats I remembered how roomy the CX-9 is! We both said maybe we'll buy another one in a few years....(cool)

Thanks all. Have fun!

So are u getting a 2011 CX-9?

Nope. Mazda hasn't kept it interesting enough to get another.

We've been test driving everything out there, and our short list is 2011 Audi Q7 S-Line Prestige or 2011 BMW X5 Sport.

Also interested in the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.7 Hemi. They did a great job on the new design. Waiting on the Overland with air suspension test drive before making our final decision.

The 2011 Infiniti QX56 is pretty amazing too. My wife really likes it. The body style is unusual, but what turns me off is the way the option packages work. 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, 60-0 in 123'--damn impressive for a 6000 lb SUV.

We've been test driving everything out there, and our short list is 2011 Audi Q7 S-Line Prestige or 2011 BMW X5 Sport.

Also interested in the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.7 Hemi. They did a great job on the new design. Waiting on the Overland with air suspension test drive before making our final decision.

The 2011 Infiniti QX56 is pretty amazing too. My wife really likes it. The body style is unusual, but what turns me off is the way the option packages work. 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, 60-0 in 123'--damn impressive for a 6000 lb SUV.

Well, for me changing the CX would be tough. Why? Getting another true 7 passenger vehicle as stylish n sporty as this car is, ain`t an easy task.
I really don`t like the Q7, and the QX looks so darn awful, at least for me. Outside is a big rhino, but the interior is gorgeous, definitely. Too thirsty for fuel as well.
The LR4 is another true 7 passenger, but is too boxy and not fuel efficient.
And the Mercedes GL, that`s in another class altogether, and not exactly what I would call desireable.
So all in all.....
Agree with you that Mazda hasn`t done anything interesting for the 2011 model.

Anyway, I`m sure that u guys are just having fun right now, test driving and all. Keep it up!!!

Well, for me changing the CX would be tough. Why? Getting another true 7 passenger vehicle as stylish n sporty as this car is, ain`t an easy task.
I really don`t like the Q7, and the QX looks so darn awful, at least for me. Outside is a big rhino, but the interior is gorgeous, definitely. Too thirsty for fuel as well.
The LR4 is another true 7 passenger, but is too boxy and not fuel efficient.
And the Mercedes GL, that`s in another class altogether, and not exactly what I would call desireable.
So all in all.....
Agree with you that Mazda hasn`t done anything interesting for the 2011 model.

Anyway, I`m sure that u guys are just having fun right now, test driving and all. Keep it up!!!

We don't have kids, so no need for a third row for us. We are just looking for something that we both like, 2 or 3 row. Wants are smart key, cooled seats, full memory, active cruise control, panoramic sunroof, heated rear seats, and others.

The new QX7 has a supercharged V6, which makes it much more interesting to me. Same for the new X5, which is turbocharged.

The new Dodge Durango looks very nice too. It has 3 rows, and is a complete redesign.

We are in no hurry as we will still have 3 other vehicles to drive when I turn the CX-9 in. This allows us to take our time, and possibly even order a new SUV.

We could possibly end up with another CX-9 though. My wife drives an '08 Santa Fe, and she likes my CX-9. We might swap her Santa Fe for a new CX-9.

Have you seen any official release of 2011 changes, regardless of how minor? Just curious.

We don't have kids, so no need for a third row for us. We are just looking for something that we both like, 2 or 3 row. Wants are smart key, cooled seats, full memory, active cruise control, panoramic sunroof, heated rear seats, and others.

The new QX7 has a supercharged V6, which makes it much more interesting to me. Same for the new X5, which is turbocharged.

The new Dodge Durango looks very nice too. It has 3 rows, and is a complete redesign.

We are in no hurry as we will still have 3 other vehicles to drive when I turn the CX-9 in. This allows us to take our time, and possibly even order a new SUV.

We could possibly end up with another CX-9 though. My wife drives an '08 Santa Fe, and she likes my CX-9. We might swap her Santa Fe for a new CX-9.

Well, if we consider 5 passenger SUVS, then things get more interesting, no doubt.!!!!!
I can easily think a couple of them that would interest me.

Latest posts

Back