So whats the next Speed edition from Mazda?

whitey4311

:
MS3 GT Black Mica w/nav
I love this MS3 so much I am thinking of trading it in late 08 for the 08 model possibly in a new color like pearl white if they have it. This way I should still be able to get good value for my used 07 since they still will be hot on the market and I can start fresh and erase about 1.5 years of miles and wear.

Any way if not a trade in for the same car, crazy I know, then what would the next speed edition be on?

My guess is they will need a new model car because I dont know what else they could hop up other then a CX-7 thats in their current line up. There is the RX-8 but I doubt they will do that but if they did it would be bad ass.

Last edited:
Not a RX-8 speed in the US just in Japan right?

I saw videos on youtube of guys that did custom turbo jobs and holly s***! This guy hit from 50-170mph in no time. I think a Speed of the RX-8 in the US would really be sweet but would be in the 30k+ price range. I would still get one if it was like 35k or less for sure.

Not a RX-8 speed in the US just in Japan right?

I saw videos on youtube of guys that did custom turbo jobs and holly s***! This guy hit from 50-170mph in no time. I think a Speed of the RX-8 in the US would really be sweet but would be in the 30k+ price range. I would still get one if it was like 35k or less for sure.

There was...
I see them in and out of my dealer all the time.

msrx805_04.jpg

All they need to do is put the MZR in the RWD platform (like the RX-8), and hopefully around the 3000 lbs. or lighter. It would be one hella-fun car to drive. I know they won't do it but I still dream of a higher horse powered rwd turbo that isn't a convertable.

Thats not in the USA man its not even listed on the MazdaUSA web site. According to the web site the first speed edition was the protege.

Also there are Mazdaspeed parts for it but not a speed edition of it.

There's a difference between an RX-8 Mazdaspeed production vehicle vs. an RX-8 with Mazdaspeed upgrades. Currently the production vehicle is only available in Japan but Mazda announced at the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show that they were planning to release it globally. No news since then unfortunately.

Here's a link to the JDM vehicle site:

http://www.rx-8.mazda.co.jp/mz_tune/

On a side note, there are rumors swirling that the Mazdaspeed6 will return after a short hiatus.

A redesign of the speed6 would be very nice. I really dont like the current style of it since it just looks like ever other sedan and nothing special. It hardly looks sporty but maybe some people like that.

Not sure why they would do this since every speed edition has been max 2 years.

revamped speed6 would be really sweet, I know a lot of people had gripes with the styling, but then again, some people really really liked it.....that said, they should offer the speed3 in sedan and hatch :p that way this whole sedan-hatch war would be over.....and I thought I remember reading somewhere about mazda coming out with a reworked mazdaspeed rx7 coming out in like '09 or something

i thought there was an rx-8 mazdaspeed because i have seen several with the badging, unless if all of those guys just threw the tag on their car.

Just wannabes that may have done after market turbo and s***. Check you tube for the turbo vids of them, freaking sick!

Back