Small Oil leak for me too... :-(

I still need to check torque specs around on the major bolts. I am leaving the under shields off until I am finished with my 3rd drain and fill.

I'd have brought it back after finding 2 loose screws and say "Look, I found 2 loose screws after you guys did your thing. Maybe you should go over erverything you did to make sure nothing is going to fall out while I drive this".

I share your opinion, not one of the more trouble free vehicles I've owned, but I like it, an unusual frame of mind for me regarding a troublesome car.

You can try the STP high mileage (silver bottle) for one change . Its .5 a qt wth seal/silicon conditioners. I've added it into my 5w30 until I can replace my rod bearing which comes tomorrow.

I checked again today and I have minuscule weeping on timing chain cover. I'm resigned to live with what it will become. I will probably clean up from time to time with brake cleaner. It still bugs me though. My '07 G35x is still dry as a bone all around and never got a weep on my 23+ year old Explorer nephew has until well after year 15. Along with quack of driver door power door lock actuator and the really squeaky/noisy front left suspension anytime it gets in anything articulated. Like Madar suggested... may heavily coat everything with some silicon spray. Heck even the recalled rear hatch struts make a weird noise. I probably should have left the stock ones on there as they were silent. I plan to keep for foreseeable future or until it becomes cost prohibitive to keep due to repair costs. At least Mazda use the same engine and AT in a lot of vehicles.
What's with the door locks? I have an issue with mine.

I think the timing chain cover leak is a lost cause IMO. It covers a part of the engine where there is two pieces of the engine block coming together. Mine is ok for now, but I think it's going to be a seasonal thing when it gets cooler out like around October/November. Twice i had this problem when the weather turned colder. Stupid.

The driver one makes loud noises like 90% of the time and the rest of them about 25% of the time. Squeak or quack sound. They have never failed to work but other than an outright failure on my Maxima I have never had noisy PDLs. Even the ones in my wife's old '96 Mazda Protege (her first new car) never made any strange sounds.

Must be inherent to Mazda - both my 2004 Mazda6 and my 2009 Mazda6 would make quacks/squealing occasionally when locking the doors.

My god man. The new turbo is out. It's time to trade and leave this bad memory behind. I know I did, with my 2015 (although it wasn't bad, it just wasn't up to standards I have). 11K miles later, very happy for it.

My god man. The new turbo is out. It's time to trade and leave this bad memory behind. I know I did, with my 2015 (although it wasn't bad, it just wasn't up to standards I have). 11K miles later, very happy for it.

Over a largely inconsequential leak? Yeah ok...

so skyactiv 2.5 non turbo is reliable as long as it doesnt leak oil and dont you get the CD activating :)
just joking.

Sorry I haven't been around here much in quite a while. I am a mod on another forum (different vehicle/make) that takes most of my time. Just an update... looks like rear main seal fix is holding. The timing chain cover leak hasn't gotten worse but still weeps enough oil out to make it's presence known. The new one... I think my valve cover same side as the timing cover leak is also starting to weep so I cleaned it all up with brake cleaner today. If valve cover leak gets too bad I will fix myself.. at least that one is an easy DIYer versus the timing chain cover.

Sorry I haven't been around here much in quite a while. I am a mod on another forum (different vehicle/make) that takes most of my time. Just an update... looks like rear main seal fix is holding. The timing chain cover leak hasn't gotten worse but still weeps enough oil out to make it's presence known. The new one... I think my valve cover same side as the timing cover leak is also starting to weep so I cleaned it all up with brake cleaner today. If valve cover leak gets too bad I will fix myself.. at least that one is an easy DIYer versus the timing chain cover.
While you may have some seepage around valve cover gasket, the rubber o-ring on oil control valve may start to leak too.

2013 CX-5 2.0 6spd oil leak

Thanks! I had the engine cover off and things were all dry on top ...but a good heads up. I forgot about that one.

Perhaps the season, temperature, or long covid related absence of use but it seems my timing cover leak has decided to go dry for the time being.

Perhaps the season, temperature, or long C-19 related absence of use but it seems my timing cover leak has decided to go dry for the time being.
IMO once a leak has developed, it won’t stop by itself like self-healing the problem. Keep monitoring.

Don't get me wrong... I still love my little CX-5 even though it hasn't been perfect and would entertain another Mazda. I'm lost in TSBs today. :)

Not so certain Mazda would have fixed my rear main seal now looking at this TSB.

MC-10169509-0001-page-001.jpg
MC-10169509-0001-page-002.jpg
MC-10169509-0001-page-003.jpg

MC-10169509-0001-page-004.jpg
MC-10169509-0001-page-005.jpg
MC-10169509-0001-page-006.jpg
MC-10169509-0001-page-007.jpg

Back